WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goldshire, Moongaurd: Shit is happeaning.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:56 pm 

http://www.wow.com/2010/08/04/blizzard- ... #continued

For those of you who haven't seen this lil' article, behold. Everyone knows that Moon Guard has a horrible reputation, because horrible things happen there. And Goldshire is like the terrible black heart that collects and dispenses the smut on that realm.
And apparently, Blizz has had enough. As anyone who's been bold enough can tell, visiting Goldshire on MG isn't far off from what you'd assume to be over-exaggerated stories of open Erotic Role Play, random lewd whispers, and just general ... disgusting behavior. It's also a huge place that many non-RPers cite as what is RPing- Freaky, gross, and wrong. (Seriously- the goldshire inn is RP'd as an Azerothian strip-club)
So Blizz is cracking down on it, and putting an end to the open aspect. To be perfectly honest, I'm imagining an entire division of Blizz employees-in riot gear-sitting around in a special office and just lurking in the town and slapping people upside the head.
Law and Order: Goldshire division.

I mean, yea. Obviously shit's gonna still happean. Blizz hasn't stated they plan on Policing FlagRSP or MRP or any such nonsense, so it's more then likely it'll be used as a way to flag yourself as an ERPer, and list your "do's and donts" as it is already. But at least the random whispers will be cut down and the general open ERP and profanity will be forced to stop.
Opinions on the situation?

Post subject: Re: Goldshire, Moongaurd: Shit is happeaning.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:15 am 

This is what happens when you flaunt the rules. I'm honestly surprised it took Blizz this long to get it up (hurf) and crack down. I'd love to know what the last straw was, and how this was decided. Were some of the heads of lore heard to scream "GNOMES DON'T WORK THAT WAY, AAAUGH"?

I had made the unfortunate mistake to level a human alt through Elywnn Forest on MG. Goldshire there was such a seedy hellhole, that it practically made the entire zone filthy by proxy. I'm no prude, but to get through that zone with my sanity intact I had to make the UI for that character deaf to all channels and modes of communications, until I was able to get leveled enough to make it to Westfall.

Post subject: Re: Goldshire, Moongaurd: Shit is happeaning.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:33 am 
Traveler

Ahhhhhh Goldshire. The place to go if you have a weird need to be disgusted into a drooling stupor. Honestly, it makes you feel more human, if you ever feel out of place in this world.
I mean... there are horse-draenei... and... unspeakable blobs of goo named Bob.
But really, that place was extremely bad.... so very bad. I don't ahve a problem with people doing what they want to do, but publicly in mass quantities? No one wants to hear it or see it.

Glad they are doing something.