WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Class Fussings
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:44 am 

Ugh.

I hope I'm alone in this, but after playing with the Cataclysm talent trees, and watching development so far, I am getting a Very Bad Feeling about the fun levels of the upcoming expansion, at least as far as character definition and development goes.

The druid talent "trees" (more like railroad tracks really) actually seem, if anything, more dull and uninspiring than they were before.

Here's hoping that the questing and storytelling in the new version of WoW compensates.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

Post subject: Re: Class Fussings
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:33 pm 

I'm rather excited by most of what I've seen.

For Warrior, it's shaping up rather well. I like the direction all the trees are pointed, and can guesstimate their final appearance and feel. I like it so far.

For druids, there's a lot of work to be done with Balance, Resto, and Feral. From changes that have been taking place with each new beta patch dropping, it doesn't look like Druids have been the focus of attention yet. YET. I will say I like the direction they seem to be going with the Eclipse though. Just need to watch the polish and paint job, and hope they don't break out the dayglo orange with purple highlights.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 am 

Gohir wrote:
Just need to watch the polish and paint job, and hope they don't break out the dayglo orange with purple highlights.

Too late. Troll druids.

I confess, I've not been paying to close attention to the other classes. I guess my worry comes from the pattern over the last few expacs of them making us druids look REALLY COOL at the beginning fo the cycle, then kinda forgetting about us so we wind up unfunushed on release and need massive tweaks all throughout the expansion. (Happened in BC, happened in Wrath, worried it'll happen in Cata too....but eh, I'm a eeyore sometimes.) As it stands now though, yeah, balance, feral, and even resto are all kinda...."funny".

Mages look kinda interesting, and paladins look to be getting the total-overhaul treatment, so who knows. Gonna have to level a new paladin anyway, for the Taurenawesomeness of it all.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:46 am 
Traveler

I'm not happy with what I see so far (feral side). I'll wait until the "official" talents and skills and whatnot is out before I make up my mind. Until then, its moot.