WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Last Night.....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:29 am 

1) HI! I'm BACK! Oh yeah!

2) last night we watched someone get hacked. It was pretty bad. And he was in Ishnu.

(If you allready have an Authenticator, then please ignore the following)

So I'm just gonna say this as plainly as I can, if you do not have an authenticator yet, then you are an IDIOT.
It may not provide absolute protection, but it is an extra layer, and more layers is more better.
You may use strong passwords, and use different passwords for different sites, you may even be the safest browser ever, using different browsers for different things, and clearing your cache and cookies after every session.

It doesn't freaking matter. You can still get got. Having an authenticator will reduce the chance of that by a HUGE amount. Don't be stupid, don't be a target.

Authenticators don't just protect you, they protect all of us. Get one.
They're only 6$, and if you REALLY TRULY cannot afford six bucks, tell someone, I'm sure as guild we can get you taken care of. Get one.
If you have an iPhone, they're FREE. I think they make them for android too. Get one.
You get a free (and pretty awesome) pet for getting one. Get one.
You will be locked out of certain guild perks when cataclysm comes if you DON'T have one. This is Blizzard's decision, not the guild's. Get one.
I will no longer refer to you as "_______________ of Clan HerpaDerpaDuhhhhrrr". Get one.
Don't be stupid, don't be a target. How many different ways does it need to be said? GET ONE.

Red is probably not going to demote the autheticatorless into oblivion (Although, IMO, she really should), so all I can do si ask you, nicely, politely, and repeatedly, to please, if not for yourself, then for the children (Think of the children, the hairy, snuffling, smelly Wolvar children!), GET AN AUTHENTICATOR.

That is all. Thank you.
Plainswander

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

Post subject: Re: Last Night.....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:02 pm 
Traveler

*chuckles a little*

I find it amusing and at the same time, a bit harsh. But everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just don't overreact.

Truth be told, authenticators are your friends. If you haven't gotten one, now is the time to get one. There are free ones (iphone, ipod touch, android phones, etc.)

And if you can spare the $6 to buy one, shoot me a PM. I'll order one for you if you need it. I don't care about the money. I want my guildies and friends to have their account secure.

-Jin

Oh, welcome back Plains!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:51 pm 

Jindall wrote:
I find it amusing and at the same time, a bit harsh. But everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just don't overreact.

It is a bit, and I do feel for the person I watched get liquidated last night, but really .... It's easy to prevent. ANd it helps keep MY stuff safer too.

Quote:
Oh, welcome back Plains!
Thankya, is good to be back. And besides, I couldn't very well just walk back in all quiet like now could I? Impressions must be made after all. *grin*

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 am 
Traveler

Plainswander wrote:
Authenticators don't just protect you, they protect all of us. Get one.

I agree. Hacked people usually go straight for the guild banks. People might have a limited access to the banks and from certain tabs, but it's still stealing.