WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Hiatus
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:27 pm 

Well just thought I would post here and let you all know that I cancelled my WoW subscription. I still have about a month left and haven't decided exactly what I will be doing with wow at this point, but I feel in any sense, I need a break.

Lately the game just has been a chore and boring to me. For some reason logging in no longer provides the same level of fun for me as it has, and this has been an ongoing issues since Wrath of the Lich king was getting stale. I had hoped that Cata would revive my interest in the game, and it has for the last couple of months, but here I find myself again, having a hard time signing in to wow.

I really am not sure what it is. I feel that Cataclysm is a great expansion, that as a whole definitely develops this game further in a positive way. I also feel that I have been here before. I just did not have the same excitement for Cataclysm that I had for BC or even Wrath. I think after playing this game for 6+ years, it is just starting to get stale and feel like the same old thing, just rehashed and redone to a certain degree. I don't know if I can blame my shift in late Wrath on some of the drama that went on in my life, or if my playstyle has shifted, but it is definitely not the same.

I feel that the community for WoW as a whole has dropped to an all time low, and I admit that the cesspool of whiners and complainers in WoW's community has tainted my opinion of the community a lot. Back in Vanilla, or even BC, trade chat was not the profanity ridden place that it once was. I didn't have to deal with "johnnycoolbonez" and "bigboobelf" in town nearly as often as I do now. There are rarely good discussions now in chat... It requires people to move to private channels to maintain some sort of order. I know people deal with it, and I could do things to just ignore that part of the game, but it is still there in the back of my head.

I also just feel that WoW is old. Six years. That is a large chunk of my life, and while I do not regret it, I have to think that at some point you eventually need a change of scenery, and an expansion may not be enough to keep me going. Logging in just isn't the same fun that it used to be. Hopefully all I need is a break to get back into things.

Anyhow, I will pop in and out still during the next month or so. I will let you all know what I do ultimately decide once I figure out where I am going. Do I pick up another MMO? Not sure... Nothing really interests me out there. Only quality new game that is coming soon seems to be rift, but after dabbling in a couple beta weekends, I feel that it is just too much like WoW and that I would lose interest in it as well.

Post subject: Re: A Hiatus
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:44 pm 

Ok, so I think I am back. After a month of not playing WoW I am going to give it another go. So far the bit I have done feels fun, and I still enjoy the game. Hopefully I won't get burnout again, and look forward to raiding in the future.

Post subject: Re: A Hiatus
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:19 pm 
Traveler

Welcome back Grimes! I sort of know how you feel, but I find myself eager to go home and play on my newbie alt. I find the redone cata zones quite fun and lore wise, or just story wise, interesting and unique compared to vanilla. Look me up if you want to hit up dungeons and if i'm available. Hope you'll enjoy it some more!