WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Homeland's Guild Bank Charity Auction - Donate Now!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:01 pm 

Posted Prominently:

HOMELAND SEEKS SPONSORS for a GUILD BANK AUCTION with PROCEEDS TO GO to CHARITY!

On Wednesday, July 8, starting at 6:30 PM, Homeland will be hosting an auction on the roof of the Orgrimmar bank, open to all and with proceeds supporting charities throughout the Horde. We invite other guilds to participate in this community-supporting sale by contributing used, chipped, tarnished, or otherwise remaindered items from their guild banks. One orc's trash may become a new troll's treasure here - or it may simply become an amusing memento for a shelf somewhere. Either way, we are confident that buyers can be found for many items unusable to our own members, and hope that other guilds will take advantage of this opportunity as well.

Participation can be done in one of two ways - first, and easiest, is to simply send our auctioneer (a dapper Forsaken gentleman known as Eming) any items you wish to see sold, and the name of your guild. He will see them priced and put on the block appropriately. Far more interesting is to send your own representative to take the auctioneer's stand and pitch the items - remember, the better the story of its purchasing history, the more buyers will take it just to have a novelty!

However you choose to participate, we hope that you will all take part in this charitable event, and rid your guild banks of some useless clutter in the process. And of course, all members of the Horde, whether contributors to the auction or not, are welcome as buyers - flyers will be posted advertising the auction itself a few days before.

Contact Auctioneer Eming or Greatmother Arjah of the Homeland with any questions or auctionable merchandise - we will be accepting submissions up until the day of the auction, and anything that can be sold will be!

With Charitable Intention,

Greatmother Arjah,
Homeland

((An RP event drawn from the practical realization that our guild bank is full of crafting patterns, mid-level blues, rare materials, and other junk that may well be useful to someone, but isn't to us! We will, as the in-character notice says, be selling things off on the roof of the Orgrimmar bank in a fast-and-furious in-character auction - what may be of interest to folks OOC is that I'll be pricing the starting bids at vendor price less ten percent, meaning that every item can be bought at a profit to you, so long as no one else bids. That the case, there's no reason not to show up and at least toss a starting bid out - and who knows, you may see something interesting. The very worst that will happen is that you'll have a useless item that you make a 10% profit on when you vendor it.

As far as other guilds' involvement goes, I would love to see auctioneers from various guilds hawking their own items, rather than sending them to Eming for sale - the more stories and personalities we get up there, the more interesting the event, and it saves me making /say macros for your items as well as mine. That said, I'll of course be happy to (as Eming) sell off your guild bank's items and send the profits back to you; I'll be keeping a detailed sheet of what each guild has sent me, so everyone should get the right monies back. The "charity" is up to individual guilds to decide on; ours will probably go into a new bank slot or the repair fund. But we encourage everyone to imagine that we are feeding the needy!

Hope to see lots of people there, buying and selling - some of these items may be old and irrelevant, but how often do you get a chance to pick up a Collectors' Edition set of Commemorative Sunfury Seals, each one hand-numbered by representatives of Kael'thas himself, or a copy of Advanced Armorsmithing with Ingorn Steelarm's flipbook-doodles in the corners?))

Post subject: Re: Homeland's Guild Bank Charity Auction - Donate Now!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:33 am 

Greatmother Arjah, as per usual, my likelihood of attending is pretty low, *BUT* I do have, across several of my acquaintancves, a fair collection of items that could further this endeavor. If you want them, please drop Plainswander or Bellweather a line, and I'll have them shipped to the approriate party.

Wish you all the best.
Archdruid Pl;ainswander

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 pm 

Thanks for the interest, Plainswander! We'll be happy to sell anything you happen to have lying around; be sure to let us know if you want the profits sent to you personally, rather than just included in the Ishnu Por Ah envelope.

-Greatmother Arjah,
Homeland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 pm 

((This was a lot of fun and got a very good turn-out from passers-by, many of whom came for an initial good bargain and wound up staying and paying ten times vendor price for useless junk - just so that the other person bidding didn't beat them. Face-to-face competition, just not available on the AH!

There are many items left to be sold, from both Homeland and the other contributing guilds, so we will definitely be holding another of these in the near future. I'll be posting advertisements and sending invites as usual, so stay tuned!))