WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Random Acts of Giving
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:29 am 
Matriarch

There is this tradition among some tribes. My tribe, the Swifthorn are one such tribe. During Winter's Veil as the stores and supplies dwindle, it becomes apparent that some tribes and villages have may not have stocked enough to get them through the long winter. Sometimes it was simply lack of resources during the year, sometimes the winters were harsher than expected. Whatever the reason, some tribes find themselves worse off than others. We are a proud people though and turning to beg from others when in need is not our way unless it is desperation. But we are for the most part a generous people. And this tradition of which I speak expresses that.

During the height of Winter's Veil, upon hearing of the troubles of some tribe or village, those with more, with something to spare, would gift some what they have to the suffering in order to help their Brethren get through the rest of winter. I was considering carrying on that tradition of giving, perhaps in a modified way, among the Horde this year.

We have a little too much of some things in our holdings. Frozen Orbs, saronite, leathers, dusts, what have you. In the next few days I'd like to take some of these items and have them turned into something useful. Something we can pass to random people on the 25th day. Items such as spellthreads, belt buckles, leg armor, flasks, etc. Whatever can be made that we know people will use. Not too much. Por Ah knows if we have 20 of something we'll never get rid of it.

Tap someone on the shoulder, tell them we would like to give them a gift this Winter's Veil and do so simply with the Earthmother's Blessing and a Happy Winter's Veil. I would not be surprised if it might garner some suspicion as people have become very protective as of late, but that should not keep us from offering a gift during this season of sparcity and need.

Any crafted item you are willing to donate for such an endeavor would be greatly appreciated. You may place them in the Events part of our communal bank. On the 25th, this part of the bank will be fully opened so that anyone may take something to give away if they are available to do so.

((So, the basic jist! We make stuff, we give it away to random folks Christmas morning. No planned spot. No specific people. Just grab some stuff from our collection in the gbank on Christmas day, assuming you're available to play that day, heh, find someone, anyone, and give it to them with happy IC greetings. :) If lower level stuff like Runic and Golden spellthreads are made, then we have stuff more useful to give to lower levels too that they can use more immediately. But I don't think they'd be to opposed to getting something they will use should they ever hit 80 as well. Just a little Christmas cheer in game this year. :D))

Post subject: Re: Random Acts of Giving
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 pm 
Traveler

((GLEE!! I will start donating things into that tab. Since I'm not a craftsman yet materials are all I have to contribute. This will be fun!!))

Post subject: Re: Random Acts of Giving
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:44 am 
Matriarch

If you wander around Azeroth today, don't be afraid to take something from the bank, we have crafted some useful items and placed them in among the Events holdings, and pass them out to a random person with the Earthmother's Blessing.