WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guild Calendar For Dummies
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:14 am 
Matriarch

People aren't used to how the Guild Calendar works when creating an event. Don't be embarassed if you don't. You are not the first and will not be the last. There are a number of different options to use that, from my point of view, don't really need to be there. So! Here is Red Earth's handy dandy step-by-step on how to easily create an event on the G-Calendar.

This goes on the assumption you wish to create an event in which you want to invite a mass number of people from the guild as well as anyone not in the guild.

1) Right-click on the date you wish to make the event
2) Choose "Create Event". (Ignore Guild Event. It's POOP!)
3) Give your event a Name, set the Time, and a brief Description.
-You have the option of using the pull-down menu to indicate if it is a Raid, Dungeon, PvP or Meeting. This is not required.
4) Click on MASS INVITE on the bottom left corner of the window to mass invite guild members.
- Choose the level range of those you wish to invite
- Choose the minimum rank of those you wish to invite
- Press ACCEPT. A list of all qualified members in the guild should show up on the list window.
- NOTE - Default range/rank is only level 80s but includes all ranks within the guild. To invite all members of the whole guild. Simply change the level range to 1-80.
5) To invite people not in the guild, type the Player's name in the space provided and press INVITE. Any non-guildies will have to be invited individually this way.
6) If you want other people other than yourself to be a Moderator of the event-
- Right Click on their name on the list and choose Grant Moderator Status
7) VERY IMPORTANT! When your invite list is complete, press the CREATE button on the bottom right corner of the window or all your work will disappear.

This is how the Guild Event option differs. It creates an event which people need to sign up for themselves. The creator of the event does not need to invite people enmasse. Instead it is the responsibility of each guild member to see it on their Calendar and if they wish to participate, sign up. The disadvantage of this option is that it does not put a flashing question mark on people's calendar icon to get their attention. So if you use this option, unless it's a standard weekly event that everyone knows about, you will need to advertise.

Guild Announcement is used to make a general announcement to the guild, does not require you to invite anyone, but it does not place that question mark on their calendar button to get their attention. If you want people's attention, create an event.

Post subject: Re: Guild Calendar For Dummies
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:22 am 
Matriarch

Revised on January 21, 2011

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:52 pm 

Ah HAH! So noted.

They should amke guild event more like mass invite I am thinking.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:59 pm 
Matriarch

If you want to mass invite, then you use CREATE EVENT.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:38 am 

I _did_, but then I changed it because you can't edit events every much once they're created, and I (mistakenly) thought inviting via "guild invite" would reach more folks that a mass invite would. SIlly me, trusting wowthings to behave in a intuitive manner. pfft, what was I smoking?

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.