WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spring Festival 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:49 am 
Traveler

Are you ready to band together for one of the biggest events in Cenarion Circle's history? Do you wish for more cohesion between guilds and across the server? Have you always wanted to run an event, but never quite known how? Or perhaps meet our RP community in all our glorious insanity?

Well, you're in luck, because the mad troll is back and at it again!

Presenting to you the Spring Festival 2011, two weeks jam-packed with RP events and games to tickle your fancies and challenge your inner WoW-er!

Here's how it works:

Both Alliance and Horde will have separate Festivals, roughly a month apart, to give your event attending batteries time to recharge. These Festivals will last one week, from Sunday to Saturday. Every day of this week will have one or more events scheduled, each hosted by different guilds or by individual players. I, as coordinator, will be working together with you and other event runners so that every event gets its chance in the spotlight (no events will be scheduled on top of each other).

When will this be held?

The target date(s) for the Horde will be during the week of March 13th, while the target date(s) for Alliance will be during the week of April 10th. Hopefully this gives you enough time to get something together!

Please keep checking back for an event schedule and more details on the sister thread here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1567936755

What kind of events?

Any kind of events you can think of! Taverns, contests, groups for running through raids or getting that certain special achievement: anything goes! Here's some examples from the previous AAMS Summer Festival to get your brain juices flowing:

Storytelling
Argent Tournament Jousting
Game Night with Charades and Hide 'n' Go Seek
Dueling
Fortune Telling
And the list goes on!

Do I have to be a roleplayer to participate?

Nope! We only ask you respect those who do roleplay while at our events, and any other players who might show up, for that matter.

How do I sign up to run an event?

Give me your event idea, what dates/times work best for you, your preferred ingame location, and whether you'll need assistance running your event. PLEASE SPECIFY who you will be running the event on and your guild name (optional) so I can give credit where it's due!

There are several ways to contact me...

POST HERE! Easy enough, right?

INGAME MAIL/TELLS! Please send all inquiries to Yotingo, Horde-side, or Dustwing, Alliance-side.

/JOIN FESTIVAL For coordination between planners or simply for asking questions about what's going down. Both Horde and Alliance will have a version of this channel.

Will this be cross-faction?

At the current time we do not have enough translators to run the Alliance and Horde Festivals side-by-side. HOWEVER, if you or a friend you knows wants to serve as translator for an event, please contact me! (see above for how to do so)

Questions, comments? Please send word to Yotingo, Horde-side, or Dustwing, Alliance-side. I hope to hear from you soon!

Post subject: Re: Spring Festival 2011
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 pm 
Matriarch

So, I've talked to Yotingo about getting involved in this. Have no issue providing a storytelling event for it. It's what we Ishnu's know how to do. But I'd like to think up other events we can lead or participate it. I was considering a scavenger hunt of some kind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:25 pm 
Traveler

I'll probably be hosting one or two AAMS events, but am waiting for what others come up with before I decide on themes.

Remember, it doesn't have to be simple game-events, but can be a piece of a story arc, a dungeon or achievement run, anything of that nature. Please shoot me a tell if you need help with anything!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:35 pm 
Fellow

I have and idea, though I don't know how best organize it. How about some spring cleaning? Need to finally go make the acquaintance of the Ogri'la ogres? Are you still promising someone you'll kill old whatshisface in whichever dungeon? Clean out your quest logs! This could be especially great for helping lower-level characters get long chains, dungeon or group quests completed that they might otherwise have trouble finding help for.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:51 pm 
Traveler

Unless you personally have some quests you want to clean out, perhaps getting the groups together and then asking around who needs what? Roll to see what gets cleaned out first maybe, if there's any conflict. And in my experience, always best to have a back-up plan if no one shows up with anything they need to do. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:41 pm 
Traveler

Planner's Meeting will be the 17th, Thursday, at 6 Server. We'll be talking in the FESTIVAL channel on Horde side, so no need to be physically present. Please spread the word!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:34 am 
Matriarch

Just a quick update on what's going on with the Spring Festival. I told Yotingo that I'd like to do a Scavenger hunt of sorts. Storytelling too, if there's room for it. But the Storytellling will be happening sometime around that time of year anyway since it's close to the Spring Equinox.

The actual day we host a scavenger hunt is still kind of open since I don't know yet what sort of work schedule I'll be having. Hoping I have one! But nevermind that! I need some ideas on scavenger hunts. Also need to know who is willing to participate to be clue finders or judges. Just need to know what sort of manpower we can have to have one done. Also prizes. What would be an awesome prize. And THEME! Scavenger hunt should have a theme!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:46 am 
Traveler

Schedules have been finalized for the Horde-side festival, see the link below. This is next week folks! /RP ON!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1567936755