WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Events List and Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:21 pm 
Matriarch

Following is the list of known RP events Hordeside -

MONDAYS
Ratchet Tavern - Run by AAMS
Time - 6:30 server
Takes place at the inn in Ratchet. It's current 'bartender' is Sulfon.
Open roleplay in a tavern/bar setting.

TUESDAYS
Da Doctas Clinic - Run by Da Doctas
Time - 7:00 server
Takes place in Orgrimmar above the Valley of Wisdom near the Earthen Ring Portal Circle.
Have something that ails ya, visit the Clinic. Also an open roleplay event.

WEDNESDAYS
Welcome Walks - Run by Homeland
Takes place in a starter zone. The zone varies from week to week. Speak to Poni on Wednesdays if you wish to know where it is taking place.
A walk for new and old RPers to gather and meet each other.

SATURDAY
Blastwrench Bar - Run by the Blastwrench Cartel
Takes place in Bilgewater Harbor.
Open RP in a tavern/bar setting

OPEN DATE EVENTS
Ishnu Por Ah Storytelling - Run by Ishnu Por Ah
Randomly done throughout the year, it is a gathering where people can step up and tell a story. Be creative!

Post subject: Re: Events List and Ideas
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:24 pm 
Matriarch

Following is a list of ideas for possible events to do. Both RP and non-RP. Don't be afraid to add to the list by posting ideas here. And don't be afraid to take initiative to make one of these events happen.

I can't be in charge of them all, but I will make sure to help you get the support you need if you take charge of it.

Azshara Triathalon
Dungeon Tromping competition
Scavenger Hunt
Seasonal Celebrations
Dice games

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:10 pm 

I have an event in the planning, in my hindbrain. Probably either on a Monday or on a Sunday if it's an early work night for me.

Short rundown:

Inspired by the Rocktway in Azshara, Gohir is planning on sponsoring a race. A triathalon of sorts. Starting at the Northern Rocketway Terminus, contestants would ride a ground mount, following the track, tot he Southern Rocketway Terminus. Contestants would then dismount and run to the bay, swim across the bay, and once on land run again back to the Northern Rocketway Terminus. Some suitable prizes would be awarded out of my deep pockets. Might craft a mechanohog for the winner, or not. Depends on how lazy I am in deciding prizes.

Where I'm sticking is rules. No flying and no shapeshifting is given. Might have contestants wear a "uniform" that I'll provide. Probably some cloth boots, pants, shirt, nothing else allowed. Considering the possibility of temporaryily inviting contestsants who's guild hasn't gotten the 10% mount increase speed into the guild, or some other temp holder guild with that perk. Dunno. Still thinking.

Ok, got called into an instance

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm 

Gohir wrote:
I have an event in the planning, in my hindbrain. Probably either on a Monday or on a Sunday if it's an early work night for me.

Short rundown:

Inspired by the Rocktway in Azshara, Gohir is planning on sponsoring a race. A triathalon of sorts. Starting at the Northern Rocketway Terminus, contestants would ride a ground mount, following the track, tot he Southern Rocketway Terminus. Contestants would then dismount and run to the bay, swim across the bay, and once on land run again back to the Northern Rocketway Terminus. Some suitable prizes would be awarded out of my deep pockets. Might craft a mechanohog for the winner, or not. Depends on how lazy I am in deciding prizes.

Where I'm sticking is rules. No flying and no shapeshifting is given. Might have contestants wear a "uniform" that I'll provide. Probably some cloth boots, pants, shirt, nothing else allowed. Considering the possibility of temporaryily inviting contestsants who's guild hasn't gotten the 10% mount increase speed into the guild, or some other temp holder guild with that perk. Dunno. Still thinking.

Ok, got called into an instance

What about Paladins and BM hunters?
EDIT And DKs and other classes with mount speed buffs?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:46 am 

How to compensate for things like mount speed buffs, shapeshifting, etc....

Everybody Flags.
And we hire "Alliance Referees" to make sure everyone behaves. Get Pillar of HOnor or some group like that to come and enforce "fair play", at swordpoint if necessary.

It's not a PvP event, but PvP could be used to keep things honest. And flightform is a immediate disqualification.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 am 

Interesting idea, Plains, but too open to griefing.

My current thoughts trend towards having different race classes. "Professional" would include any class that has a spec with a movement speed increase. If any contestant of one of those classes doesn't wish to compete at the Professional level, they have to present themselves before race for inspection. Inspection would mean checking their armory to make sure neither of their specs (if dual specced) has any talent points into movement speed increasing talents. They'd also have to stay at the race area from the moment of inspection until race starts, so they can't go back to town real quick and respec. Otherwise, those classes, like DK, Pally, Rogue, Shaman, have to compete in that class, with it's own prizes.

The other would be "Amateur" those without any movement speed increases.

Might even include a "Junior" category, for those riding on a 60% mount, or anyone lower then level 40.

Like I said earlier, any form of shapeshifing is cause for disqual. Potions (speed, swim speed, etc) = disqual. Waterwalking of any sort = disqual. For all pallys, crusader aura = disqual. I know that Ret pallys can spec into movementspeed increase, that makes them pro's unless they submit to inspection for amateur, but crusader aura is a higher % then any other movement speed increase. I think it's 20%, all others that can be specced into are 15%.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:29 pm 

I know we already got the fishing guild achievement, but how about a nice summer, fishing, camping trip... I know this interesting little place with a lake in Elewyn forest.

RP with guild mates, fishing, camp fires and cooking, simple relax and cast a line type of event.