WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: From Hemloch to Lordaeron
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:45 am 
Traveler

The worn kodo-hide journal contains memoirs on tattered parchment. Written in a lotus-violet ink with rough penmanship are scattered notes of streaming consciousness containing this and that.

The first twenty six entries are poorly drawn sketches of local flora, horticulture, environments, and which plants seem to make him sneeze the most with small notations stating “AVOID”. There are descriptions of people met in the travels with footnotes on updates to what was learned from these unique perspectives. Perhaps these entries will be revisited as the footnotes are updated more in depth. You may even stumble upon druidic notes of training progress…but most are observations of failed experimentation!

If read, you would probably sift through the random irrelevances only to find a shift in interest towards the forthcoming entries. This is where the journal’s entries start to bear the fruit of who Mull of Dawnhorn really may be.

Twenty-Seventh Sun

Tonight, I was forced to recollect a memory that was once shackled away and forcefully forgotten…until now. Seeing Ebon shed tears of a torn heart in the veiled shadows of the woods seared open a gate that reminded me of Meda.

Meda – even writing that name gives me an uneasy chill of broken rapture down my neck. She was truly more than just a childhood crush, a best friend to commit acts of mischief with, my first kiss, my first touch, my first…love. It aches to remember, her crystalline eyes swell as we sat on the foothills of Mulgore overlooking the scarlet horizon of Red Cloud Mesa sharing a skin of some wine stolen from my parents…yes; I remember it was the night before my journey to Lordaeron.

Heh, she pleaded with me not to go – makes me smile now thinking about it! Yes, she was so very convincing to me back then. But, I was stubborn as well – bulwark in my conviction to traverse with my mother and learn to mend the scars of the lands.

THE HEMLOCH! Oh, I almost forgot about that. Meda’s vibrant red hands, so delicate…they handled a vial of crushed hemloch so carefully. She said it was deadly, which made it all the more enticing. At that point in our lives, ‘deadly’ carried an air of ecstasy with it…as if we would relish in the nebulous void of death together where the sparks of our love illuminated the darkness alone.

“Hemloch,” she said with her libidinous raspy tone, “is a gift straight from Por Ah to break down your core and force you to submit into a vision of pure rapture. I heard some of our ancestors used to use it in various rituals between tribes to either invoke peace or war…but…” yes, here was the kicker! “…but, some told me it was used to bring a feral id-like enlightenment – a vision of the true emerald dream where violence, passion, love, terror, pain, and even carnal ecstasy flourish into one emotion! Heck, it may even be the one herb you’re not allergic to, Mully!”

I remember it so vividly now…that mossy green elixir taunting me. I remember my eyes trailing from the bottle to her lips. She was rugged and bold, but soft at the same time. I remember her being self conscious of her scars, but they gave her character growing up. Her curves, sitting in the dew dampened grass were not particularly dainty; but nor were they muscular or fluffy…she was a real, natural beauty in a scarlet rose-like complexion with horns adorning various feathered designs. She-she had this knack for nibbling on her bottom lip in anticipation for something either exciting or bad to happen. Hah, come to think of it, those were one in the same to her back then.

She mentioned something, although now I kind of forget exactly…I was drifted off into lust within the vacuum of those honey eyes. It was something about this being a celebration of my return. Yes, that was it! I’m remembering a bit more. She phrased it as a memory I would carry with me no matter what so that I always had something to look forward to when I returned. She made a joke about mounting the head of a new Kolkar for every moon I would be away so that I returned to something sexy. Yea, REAL ‘sexy’…we had a good laugh there, albeit ephemeral.

The laughter was eased when the bottle corked open and the salacious aroma hit the Mulgore breeze. It smelled venomous, but strangely alluring…as if whispering to my mouth and begging to be consumed.

Meda dipped her finger in the hemloch and laced the skin of wine with it, swirling her finger around. She pressed the finger to her lips, running it along before motioning me to do the same. My chest throbbed so hard, I remember believing it was audible as the sky grew darker and illuminated with specs of light.

My lips, as I recall, stung and became almost numb – inhaling the fumes almost made me dizzy. My eyes grew dazed and all I could see was Meda’s face piercing into me with her form my only focus. She took a deep swig of the poisonous wine…I did the same. The last thing I remember was her fierce pounce knocking me on my back. When our lips touched, my body pulsed and…well…I think we both blacked out.

We woke up together under the blanket of a fiery sun in each others arms. Our bodies were sore and almost…ravaged. I remember the only things we were left wearing were kodo-bone jewelry. The skin and hemloch were empty. We lay there, together, for hours before dressing and descending back to the village. Words were not necessary in that time. On the way down, I remember pulling out a vine of Eidheann…a slender, green, leafy vine about two feet long. We stopped momentarily while I wrapped and laced our wrists together with the vine. Teary smiles were exchanged and we continued our decent.

Nothing was spoken…whether I regret that now or not…well…I am still uncertain. Returning from Lordaeron wounded and shattered, she was all I could remember thinking about. Ebon reminded me of her today, though it wasn’t me she was thinking about, I could see the same writhing torment in her pained eyes. Maybe I’ll go back to Mulgore tonight and visit Meda’s burial site with a skin of wine.

Drops of dried tears dim the page and blotch the ink.

Last edited by Dawnhorn on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: From Hemloch to Lordaeron
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:59 am 
Traveler

This next entry may appear something of a poorly written autobiography.

Twenty-Eighth Sun

I'm rapping my quill-pen on my bottom lip in thought - habit, I suppose. As I sit on a random boulder overlooking the red sands of Durotar, I guess Sis Red Earth got me thinking about ancestors and speaking the tale of heritage. Reflecting back on what makes me, it is probably a culmination of the great hunters, warriors, and fierce herbalists! Hey, some of those farmers are scarier than our front line defense...but, I think it is my immediate family that really carved out who I have become.

I think I'll pen whatever comes to mind and, yea, and write in the third person. I'll write as if someone was explaining where I come from. So, this next entry is going to seem a bit out of character for me because I am going to write a dialogue as if spoken to others around a fire about the tale of the Dawnhorn tribe. This should form as a great exercise in self perception...maybe I'll even learn something about myself - even though this is already seeming a bit unnerving to prepare a conversation with myself about myself. Hmm, perhaps a skeleton or outline of a period of my life would be a more appropriate beginning. Alright, here it goes!

Quotes/Mottos
The only certainty in life is the inevitable death. Decay is a natural path we all follow regardless of dogma or inward view of oneself. To understand a variant of control in this process, to procure the knowledge of the cycle, and understand the limits of the venomous plague we face are the ultimate forms in the mastery of natural elements. This is the delicate doctrine of life. - Mull Dawnhorn, Disciple of Mulgris Deepriver

Appearance
Mull stands a bit shorter than most Shu'halo at a shade over 7 feet. For tauren, he appears to only be around twenty-five years old with fur a pale hue of white and blotted spots of chestnut-brown. His mane is intricately braided with tribal beads tying the ends. The ring adorned in his snout is made of ivory of Kodo horn lightly strewn with druidic engravings. His ivory colored horns are similar to that of a bison; grand and adorned with tribal painted patterns of amber, emerald, and yellow. Laced from his wrists to the forefingers are tribal prayer beads of the Earth Mother. His hooves are also laced at the ankles with thick leather wrappings that have detailed sewn patterns of the Tauren Crest, An'she, Mu'sha, Hunt of Kodo and Apa'ro, Cat, Bear, Seal, Eagle, and Tree. Usually adorning a tattered leather robe of sorts, Dawnhorn's attire reflects his druidic affinity well. The robes are earth toned in color with emerald and blue patterns possibly reflecting the path of a plagueshifter's plight and overcoming of poisons. His body stature is muscular, but could be considered slightly lither compared to the bulwark warriors of the clans...especially with a few fluffy spots that annoy him. With eyes of ocean-blue, speckled with small bits of honey, Mull's gaze can seem wise while sometimes also emit an air of youth as well. Hmm, a bit self-praise never hurt anyone...hopefully, this was the most difficult portion...

History

Childhood and Family
Raised in Mulgore within a small clan of Dawnhorn under the tribe of Mistrunner, Mull learned the values of mending the land's many wounds...

His mother, Nahe, is a Druid of the Wild and a valued member of the tribe. Her beautiful ebony fur did not pass on to her son, but her crystalline eyes seemed to creep their way in there. As one of the tribe's most skilled and resourceful spiritual healers, her expertise was pivotal during Kodo hunts and Centaur warfare. Marching alongside the fierce hunters and warriors of the clan, her efforts in and off the field of battle were invaluable and commendable. It was here he learned the values of non-selfish acts and the importance of valuing nature.

Mull's father, Zazi, is a simple herbalist and farmer. A real horticulturist, he would help grow crops for food and herbs for medicine. Although not a true warrior like his wife or spiritual leader like the tribe's shamans, he served the intrinsic role of ensuring his fellow tauren were well fed and equipped. Zazi is widely responsible for Mull's recognition that pollen is something of a plight to his sinuses. Mull was teased endlessly about his allergies and would often try to stay away from the flower gardens of peacebloom.

There was one sibling though - a younger girl by the name of Ityn. Serving the tribe as a smith, she took on the job of weapon forgery crafting weapons of Kodo bones for the tribe to use in glorious battle under the careful watch of the Earth Mother. Mull's sister's gift to him before leaving was to craft the jewelry he wears today; beads and nose ring alike.

Growing up, he was a typical little shu'halo; getting into mischief, learning of the Earth Mother, sharing tales of An'she, studying, and learning the ways of the land. It seemed that even at a young age, Mull was gravitating towards the similar path of his mother. Although harnessing the trades of his father in learning to harvest nostril-irritating flora and skinning meat for preparation, he was able to tap into the various schools of the druid with a novice understanding. It was not until his early adolescence that his typical life would really take a sharp turn in another direction.

Rise of Duty
Nahe was given notice from Hamuul Runetotem that she was chosen to undergo a special task of reformation. Under the tutelage of the Archdruid, she and one Mulgris Deepriver would undergo a visceral training that would threaten both mind and body. As Mull was told, Nahe was to travel to lands scarred by the Scourge and attempt to mend the wounded lands poisoned with taint in the Plaguelands of Lordaeron. Mulgris had already received and underwent a degree of resistance training, but not yet mastered the art of control.

The news was wrenching for the family as it was far too dangerous a mission for Zazi and Apprentice Weapon smith Ityn had duties in the forge that could not be easily replaced, even at her young age. Just coming of age, Mull insisted on accompanying his mother. Although hesitant in accepting the company of her son in such a barren place, she would be remiss in not bringing a fellow druid with her.

The training was vigorous and burdensome. Hamuul refused to allow Mull to participate due to the severity of consequence from a novice. Secretly though, Nahe would instruct as best she could during her rest periods. Although taking a magnanimous toll on her own body, she felt in important that he be able to defend himself against possible disease.

Months drifted by. Despite being constantly ill, the mental mitigation from resistance training helped to fend the vital affects of mortally dangerous herbs. It was time to leave Kalimdor on instruction to cleanse the lands fallen to the Scourge. Bidding farewell to the tribe he had grown to love, and even to a few adolescent flings, he and his mother ventured out with Mulgris to face the grim results of the Scourge's taint.

The Dawnhorn
For two years, the three shu'halo constantly sparred with the perils of the Western Plaguelands utilizing the doctrine of Plagueshifters. Bravely they underwent the torment and suffering of both self-inflicted disease and the cleansing of bodies of water from poisonous invaders. These infectious poisons claimed lakes and rivers as their hosts. Mulgris developed a complimenting anti-body to this disease in the form of harnessing the element of water. Elementals would fight the strife of plight to make the water drinkable for the surrounding plants and animals. Deepriver attempted to teach Nahe, but she was not as strong in this ability as he.

Instead, she was able to conjure mystical white hounds that helped defend against the undead Scourge. The constant battles of internal disease and external invasion of hostility wreaked carnage of havoc over the course of those two years that was jarring even to the brave Nahe. Watching her spar alongside the white hounds sparked inspiration and insight into the power that nested within the heart of a druid. Baptized in the crimson life water of blood, instincts of nature were brutal and beautiful - carnal and enrapturing. The debauchery and decadence that he saw behind those innocent eyes were startling. Although there was never any evidence, Mulgris and Nahe fought with the ferocity of lovers - perhaps for the sake of the lands, perhaps the sparking primal nature of their solitude in these foreign environments, he would never quite know.

Awoken to the sounds of clashing steel, the snapping of bone, and the rending of flesh dripping with splatters of blood; a horrifying strike to the core of reality became engraved in Mull's mind forever. Gladiators and templars of the Argent Dawn were ambushed just outside their camp by a group of organized banshees and Scourge. The Argent Dawn and three tauren respected each other's efforts, but rarely crossed paths...except now. Looking at the disorienting combat, Mulgris and Nahe bravely aided the Argent Dawn's soldiers in the heat of battle. Mulgris was wounded, but was able to tend to the fallen even during the scrimmage to get them out of harm's way. Busy trying to necessitate the Dawn, Nahe was left to protect the makeshift stronghold. Barks and screeching howls of the white hounds echoed eerily with the calls of the banshees as each claimed each other's lives. Nahe called upon her form of a bear, giant paws clawing and bashing at the crunching bones and shields of the Scourge.

Mull jumped to her aid conjuring his best concentrated gusts of elements to hurl at the ones threatening to take the life of his beloved mother. Still but a novice druid and not yet able to comprehend the true forms of nature yet, they were deflected with ease - dissipating upon impact. Seeing the virgin prey and seizing the opportunity, the Scourge changed their efforts from Nahe to her son. Roaring not in the usual calmed circumstance, but rather in a desperate fear that she was about to see her son torn asunder; Nahe rushed forward to jump in the way of the young Dawnhorn. The crusaders were too busy defending Mulgris and their own to see the marauders about to steamroll a young tauren. Carelessly charging full effort into the herd, Nahe ferociously earned an assault that warranted the Scourge's full attention. Literally breaking multiple skeletons in half, she left herself open and unguarded. She cried out in pain with a dual voice of feral bear and motherly sternness for Mull to run.

Hesitating only a moment before tearfully turning to sprint into the brush; he heard the cries echo in the dusk. Barely able to see in the dusk of night, Mull ran through heavy brush; tripping over stones, smacking into trees, and trying to escape the wrath of the Scourge. He did not turn back for he shuddered at the thought of seeing a wisp of ephemeral glow ready to impale him. Thoughts rushed through his mind at that point with the shattering realization that his mother was surely dead - perished at the hands of creatures of unnatural origin. Gasping for air and horribly disoriented, he did not even know if he was running back towards the fight or away from it until smashing head-first into a large boulder knocking himself unconscious.

Awaking now to a throbbing headache and crusty fur later to be understood as his own dried blood, there was a warm fire. Naked and covered in bandages with his body seemingly ravaged by savaging diseased animals, his fuzzy sight was able to make out a few members of both alliance and horde dawning tabards of Argent Dawn. Mulgris was with them, injured as well, but tending to some of the crusaders. Absent, however, was his mother. Mull matured quickly following this horrid event with a sunken heart.
Current Training
Mulgris tended to Mull and continued teaching as much as he could while the young Dawnhorn gathered his strength back and mourning the loss of his mother. Following the teachings of his tribe, Mull forced himself to remember and celebrate the life of his mother in prayers that she was now walking with the Earth Mother. After a month of recuperation, Mull agreed to Mulgris' request to venture back to Mulgore to report the status of their progress and the loss of Nahe.

Upon return, Hamuul honored the sacrifice of Nahe by requesting Cairne recognize the name of Dawnhorn as a lesser tribe. Although not dismissing the heritage and homage to Mistrunner, Mull tearfully accepted this honor on behalf of his mother. He lived with his remaining family for months before requesting the continued training from Hamuul. Privately as well, parchments are regularly sent between Mulgris and him via Argent Dawn carriers to continue the Plagueshifter dogma and school of thought.

Now, Mull prepares to honor his family name by continuing his druid progression while becoming a disciple of Mulgris Deepriver under the path of Plagueshifter. His story begins here...

Personality
Despite the sometimes raspy, deep voice; Mull's inflections are often uplifting. This is not a common trait, so it is not easily mistaken. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is often times trusting of compatriots just met. He has a strong passion for honoring his family and perusing the goals set forth by Nahe Dawnhorn. There is a strong ambition he has to be as good a parent some day as his mother.

Languages Spoken
Taur-ahe and Novice Orcish.

Goals and Ambitions
To continue to cleanse the strife of Lordaeron and continue the proud heritage of his people...and perhaps also to let Meda go...

The entry ends here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:55 am 
Traveler

Dawnhorn wrote:
Nothing was spoken…whether I regret that now or not…well…I am still uncertain. Returning from Lordaeron wounded and shattered, she was all I could remember thinking about. Ebon reminded me of her today, though it wasn’t me she was thinking about, I could see the same writhing torment in her pained eyes. Maybe I’ll go back to Mulgore tonight and visit Meda’s burial site with a skin of wine.

Blotches of dried tears dim the page and blotch the ink.

(( Aww that brought a tear to my eye! I wonder what happened to Meda. :( ))

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:19 am 
Traveler

((perhaps next entry! :D I wasn't sure if people would even read or care about this. My writing is a bit rusty.))

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:47 pm 

((If this is 'rusty' I can only imagine what 'revved up and ready to go' will read like.

Sexsay... touching.. sad.. and verbal imagery that's killer. Well played sir, well played!))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:05 am 
Traveler

((Wow, thanks. I find a lot of grammatical mistakes and things I want to change, but will leave alone because I don't want to keep critiquing it. I usually only write for about 20-30 minutes and then move on. So, I don't spend enough time proofreading before posting. I'll probably write the next entry this weekend. I just hope IPA doesn't mind a non-member posting!))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 am 
Traveler

((Seriously? I write like I am stuck in mud! I'm dyslexic and I type like I'm staring at the ceiling so there are always a few errors that I don't catch until I read it again later in the day. :shock:
And you know, there needs to be a little more action in here! 8) ))