WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Standing in the garage.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:46 pm 

Plains stood staring down at the beast. It was all leather and threat and cobalt chrome cool. A magnificent machine, and one any member of hte horde would be proud to ride.

There were even little personal touches, a picture painted on the tank of the plains of Mulgore in summertime. Little tchotches and fetishes form the groups the big druid had helped out and become friends with over his years of service to The Balance (a talbuk horn from Nagrand, an Ogre charm, a small dagger from the Ebon Blade - smoking with frost, even a little Furbolg Teddy Bear on the front, among many many many others....). Even his true name, "Ahanu", painted on the side in lines of arcane light (who the Guild Elders had hired to do that was beyond imagining, but still, there it was..).

And the sound, or rather, the voice of the thing, it purred. A deep throaty rumble that spoke of velocity and freedom. It touched all the parts of a soul that dreamt of no ties, no constraints, and and no rule but that of the hearts own making.

It was, in short, a truly personal gift, one of humbling magnitude, and evidence of a deep caring and familial bond. Things like this didn't come along every day. The sheer effort and time it must have taken to assemble the machine alone were impressive beyond all reason, and the addition of the personal details and extra... well, the old druid felt a tear begin to well up.

A gift like this should be a cause for joy and gladness. But word had reached the cantankerous old moo that there was dissension amongst the Family because of these machines. Something he never would have thought possible before, but it was what it was. And so he could not accept it, as wonderful as it was. The Family was too important. Certainly more important that a machine, no matter how wonderful it might be. And Plainswander could not be party to something that was causing strife, at least, not until such time as everyone had the same opportunity.

So it was with full knowledge of how wonderful and kind this gift was, and with a heavy heart indeed that the old bull laid a short note upon the beast, and turned to walk away.

"Dear Elders....
This gift is touching, more so than this old druid can properly tell you. But for reasons I am sure you are aware of, I cannot accept it at this time. Please, take it's return not as an insult, but as a further sign of my dedication to our family. Use this machine, and the value it represents, to make more of these devices, to be given to all the family.

And know that you'll always have my gratitude for the gift. I may not have the Hog, but I will always possess the knowledge that it was given freely, and in the end, that knowledge is more lasting than any material object.

Kindest Regards
Brother Plainswander"

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

Post subject: Re: Standing in the garage.....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:20 pm 

((Hahaha.. I can TOTALLY see Plains rumbling through Dalaran on that bad boy. . . teddy bear and all))