WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ishnu Recruitment Post
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 pm 

(A fairly common comment is that we're small. We're always looking for more folks for various and sundry. SO in that spirit, I'm writing the following, for reposting on the CC boards, or editing, or ignoring, as folks see fit.)

Howdy Der!
I see yas walkin by der, lookin all fancy fine and whatall, and I got's me a question fer yas. And that question be as suchly an' soforth:

Are you a casual or semicasual player who wants to see more of the game? Do you know your class? Do you know your characters story? Would you like to raid, rp, and generally spend your gametime with a solid group of folks who share similar views with regards to gaming and it's importance re: reality?

If yes, then perhaps you and the Ishnu Por Ah should talk. We're a diverse group of geographically scattered folks who raid, rp, farm, quest, and generally make an effort to enjoy all parts of the game. We believe that to play this game well you need to not only have a firm grasp of the underlying mechanics of it (standing in fire is bad, rotations are good, addons are your friend, know what your ratings mean, shut up and listen when the raid lead is talking, etc etc etc), but you also need a respect for and ability to at least play along with, if not actively contribute to the community and social aspects of the game. Yes, that means be RP friendly.

Our core ideology basically boils down to "people before game, game before loot". We've found that if we follow that, loot takes care of itself.

Naturally, as a result of this, we're a small guild, but we're an active one. Everyone in Ishnu is a quality human being and a solid player. And we need more. As we advance in our goals of seeing everything in due time, we're looking for folks to fill our raid roster, share stories, and just generally keep each other company on the road of smashy.

A few caveats:

1) We are a "good guy" guild. No warlocks. It's what it is. Demons are bad news, and we're vehemently opposed to them. DK's are fine within certain character based limits - if you want to bring one in, it would be wise to have a solid RP rationale. We're not going to compromise our guild identity.
2) We heavily favor hybrid classes. If you refer to your various specs the way other refer to various classes, you're probably a hybrid, in spirit if not fact.
3) We are heavily TauroCentric, followed by being troll-lovin, you don't have to be, but it helps.
4) We all revere and look up to "Da Earthmuddah" in our own ways, some of us more than others, but it is a common thread. The "spiritual" aspects of the lore and the game are part of our guild identity.
5) We all, even our non-rp members, have a character identity and story that we tend to go by.

You would be expected to play along with this. In addition, it would be good if you were mid-to-high level, as such demonstrates you're probably not just a disposable alt created for the purpose of having a name in a guild. (Alts are fine, we all have many in many places, but if you're going to play with us, we prefer you play with us at least semi-regularly, yannow?)

When we say "casual or semi-casual" we mean someone who knows how2play, but isn't on all the time. If you're the sort of person who is on morning-noon-and-night, then great, and we'd probably enjoy having you around, but you'll outpace us pretty quickly, and it may not be the best fit. This also means you don't need to be Ubergeared, but you do need to know how to sue the gear you do have in a reasonably effective manner.

In addition, we understand the juggling act of coordinating our hobby time with our real lives. Some of us are working professionals, some of us are military, some of us are students, we know that the real world does what it does - and we're pretty lenient about that. But at the same time, because we do understand this, we also understand how to commit to times and schedules, and how to be where we're supposed to be when we say we're gonna be there, and how to give advance notice if we're not. We'd expect the same from you.

Finally, if you're the kind of person we're looking for, then you do care about endgame as much as the other parts, so it's only fair we tell you how far along we are in that.

- We don't do 25raids, except as filling in other folks PuGs, we've tried running such, but we're too small, and it's too much cat-herding.
- Trial of Champ10 - Up to Valkyr Twins
- Ulduar10 - up to Vezax, working on early hardmodes.
- OS10 - done. No 3drake, maybe someday if we feel like it
- Maly10 - we'll go back and finish punching him one day, no, really
- Naxx10 - done
- We run heroics constantly, and you can almost always find a group for such.
- PreWOLTK Endgames - we don't do them in any organized manner

So, if this sounds interesting, then feel free to contact any member of IPA, and let's, as they say, "open a dialogue".

Kindest Regards
Ishnu Por Ah

p.s. it also helps if you're wordy, literate, and ridiculously stubborn.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.