WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: End of an Era
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 am 
Lore Keeper

Ishies,

I have.. obviously not been around. Within the past few months, my life has had quite a bit of changes.. from being unemployed, to being employed crappily, to being unemployed again and (currently) being temporarily employed. Beyond just job related craps, other things have been taking my attention as well, mostly family illnesses...

Recently, I have heard from some of my friends that their accounts have been compromised, which then turned into the debacle of guild banks being harvested for ill-gotten gains and their accounts being wiped clean. Since I currently don't have either the time or energy to play the game, I've decided to delete my characters so that this cannot happen to you all, who took in a mediocre roleplayer when Horntotem fell apart. It's been six years since I started playing WoW, all the way back in beta. I'll have fond memories of the many storylines and general fun times we've had. Being able to witness the burial of Geryon was probably one of the most touching things I've ever had happen to a character in a game, whether it be MMO or Table Top.

I'm writing this from my work place and intend once I am home to just bulk delete my toons. Thanks for the fun Ishnu Por Ah. And continue being a great place for CC to enjoy quality people, roleplaying and PvE progression.

Geryon

Post subject: Re: End of an Era
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:54 am 

I feel you, man.

You don't have to delete the old man, you know. We've a rank with no guild bank access, "Remembered" for our gone, but never forgotten family members.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 pm 
Matriarch

NONONONONO! Don't delete Geryon! He's safely tucked away in the Remembered pile! He can't hurt the guild while being remembered! Admittedly, he can hurt himself, but his name in the ranks makes me happy! :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:34 pm 
Lore Keeper

While I am glad you guys have that particular rank, I'd just feel better deleting him. That way no one can get into the account and make use of something I spent six years of my life creating. To me it would be like spending six years building a dragon boat for burial to then have someone else cremated upon it. While all forms of stealing should be reviled, and those accused of it keelhauled, I personally despise identity theft and the such. My father was a victim of it and whilst taking care of it in a video game is way easier to moderate and correct, I wouldn't wish anyone to have to deal with it. It is in this way I can ensure that no one can profit from my hard work(not even myself).

Trust me Red, it pains me as well... I have sooo many days /played on the old bull. Years of my life were spent honing his skills and story. Letting go of this is a huge thing, but I feel his story has been told adequately and in completion. He was a simple old bull that lived well into his prime.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:24 pm 
Traveler

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm with the others. Don't delete him. But if you're going to do it anyways, remake him as a level 1 shaman so you'd still have that name. (hopefully, unless someone asks a GM to steal the name after its been inactive for x amount of time).

I don't want to see anyone stealing our name running about with me chasing them and pestering them if they are you or not.

*hugs* Like I've said in any of the older threads/posts, you've been a long time friend to us and my character. Keep in touch if you will. We're family here.

Honestly, I'd feel like I'm the only survivor left of HT, even though there are a few others around, I don't really talk to them. :|

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 am 
Traveler

Awww. I don't even know you well but I am sad after reading this. :(
Don't delete! >.< Ishnu is safe with the rank status.
*big huggin's*