WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: General Guild Rules and Conduct
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:50 pm 
Matriarch

Have fun. It’s a game. Do it.

Be social. It’s a social game. Participate in multiplayer events once in awhile, RP and non-RP. Be helpful to your fellow guildmates and players. Helping guildmates level and gear up, providing them information, participating in RP events helps you and the guild. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from your guildmates.

Channels considered IC are /guild, /say, /yell and /whisper. IC conversation is encouraged in all other channels, this includes the game’s general channels like trade, unless they are specifically considered an OOC channel. The Officer’s Channel is OOC. Unless it is an OOC specific channel, use brackets, [ ], or parantheses,( ) or (( )), to indicate OOC text when necessary.

Don’t give into trolls. You can confront trolls. In certain situations I actually encourage it. But do so in a calm manner and know when to stop taking the bait.

Rude, demeaning and foul language is discouraged.

Report, report, report. Do not be afraid to report guild or character names which violate the game’s RP naming rules. It is the only step we have to try and keep the names on the server RP friendly. And though it may not always take effect, the more it’s done, the more likely it is to happen. Unlike not doing it at all. (Note – you don’t have to tell a person they are being reported. Just do it. And make sure you are reporting a name because it is a violation, not because you’re mad at the player.)

BDAJ (Don’t Be A Jerk) = Treat players like people, not NPCs.

In every group you are to treat those grouped with you as you would your friend and guildmates.

Problematic players are to be dealt with swiftly and justly, in a calm and honest manner.

We expect loot rolls to be conducted fairly. Guildmembers do not get preference to loot unless specifically expressed at the start of the event. Ninjaing is not tolerated and will lead to immediate removal from the guild.
-Blizzard’s definition of Master Looter - the Master Looter controls all loot distribution and therefore may give the loot to anyone he chooses.
-IPA’s definition of Master Looter – They will ensure that everyone is aware of the loot rules for a given group BEFORE any pull is made and follow those rules. If no rules are announced, then all rolls are to be considered free rolls based on class qualifications, and master looters are to distribute the loot to the highest winning roll with the next highest roll getting it if the highest roller decides to pass.

Any disputes or problems should be brought to the attention of an officer or guild leader ASAP. Guild leader and the officers are responsible for dealing with any disputes that involve guild members in a swift and just manner.

These are the rules of conduct as of February 20, 2011. They are subject to change at anytime.