WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blizzcon 2011 open ceremony is done!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:00 pm 

Discuss what you guys think about the developments for WoW and Diablo 3.

Big points:

WoW: Mists of Pandaria is the new expansion! Pandas will be a new race and there will be a new class Monk. Hasn't been clarified but it seems as though there will be a horde faction of pandarens and an alliance faction. Also the main focus of the expansion will not be focused around a main villain. It is focused on the alliance vs. horde war and how it comes to their homeland. Chris Metzen said that there is "something" going on at the island of Pandaria, and that it may be drawing us there. And the pandas will be playable for both factions. First time they have tried it.

Starcraft 2: Kerrigan is back but she doesn't seem quite right. She is a very angry lady that seems to want to basically destroy Mensk and everything between her and him. They are putting alot of effort into their own DOTA for SC2, Blizzard DOTA. Heroes for this include Thrall, Raynor, Kerrigan, the Witch doctor from Diablo 3, and Arthas.

D3: Looks like a lesser evil azmodan or something will be the baddy or one of the baddies for Diablo 3. He wants to become a Prime evil and maybe even rule the evils.

This is just a quick rambling of what I saw on the live stream, but check out MMO-Champion.com for full coverage and info.

Post subject: Re: Blizzcon 2011 open ceremony is done!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:14 pm 
Honored

In his follow-up interview, Metzen clarified that Pandaren will be playable by both Alliance and Horde. They'll share a similar low-level experience and then make the choice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 pm 

Yeah i saw that. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

The biggest thing that im going to have to think about now is free Diablo 3 for subscribing to wow... >.>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:29 pm 
Matriarch

That there is Blizz's clever way of keeping the subscription numbers up while they work on the new xpac, instead of the usual subscription drop that happens until the new stuff comes out. Two benefits to them. One is that people will continue to play because it's already paid for and with less people leaving (or even coming back just so they can have TWO GAMES for the price of ONE!) prevents them from spending time away from WoW and thinking "you know, I've been gone awhile and I don't really want to go back, even for the xpac". Free drugs. And also, it's $180 in the bucket for them whether you stay to play or not vs the $50? they'd get if you just bought Diablo 3.