WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A long time away....and many miles or more
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:05 pm 
Brethren

Heya.

I know it has been quite a while, and many might be saying....who is this Rufer guy anyhow. Heh

I read by some of the posts that things have been a bit meh in the land of WoW, but I miss our story circles and the random RP we would get up to. Speaking of getting up to.....I just came across something that I wanted to share, because quite possibly, it might be a great way to unite many gamers of many different walks of life.

With the SOPA uproar and all something has been started that few have taken notice of....I wanted to pass it off here.

http://www.leagueforgamers.org/

League of Gamers.

Sounds lame...but the idea is pretty neat. They are set to becoming a not-for-profit interest group that is set to keep people informed of the various changes of law that are being made that is not in the interest of the gamer. A lobby group of sorts.

I came across this and thought I would share it is all.

The lady's blessing on you all.
Rufers.

Edit: I would also like to applaud whoever took the site down to demonstrate with all the other sites that went dark in protest of SOPA/PIPA. Well done!

Post subject: Re: A long time away....and many miles or more
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:32 am 
Matriarch

That would be Feren. :)

And hi Ruf N' Stuff! Heh, I'm surprised you still troll the old haunt. Good to see you though. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:59 am 
Fellow

It's Rufers! Hope you're doing well. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:01 pm 
Brethren

Heh. Yeah I pop in from time to time....leave a random message, read some of the great stories people create.

You know....stuff. Heheh

I see a few of you have been enthrawled (heh) to join the rebellion. I've got a char or two over there as well enjoying being as dark as I can get smuggler. The horrified gasps from some of the Jedi players as my choices get played in Flashpoints have been worth it. And what is with bio-ware and saving children....I must have had to save a planet full of them by now. Heheh

Once again, it won't be my main game, but it fills the time. 8)

What have you lot been up to?

Edit:Holy crap...is that right? I pre-date you Red by a few months?! I could have sworn you were around before I started?!? Feren was Guild leader when I joined as I recall.....But I didn't think I joined before you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:59 pm 
Matriarch

Oh yeah, you totally joined before me. Look at your tag. You belonged to the website back in March '05. I didn't join until June. I refused to join any guild when I first started and had developed a whole IC reason why Red would not. I started RPing with quite a few Ishnu though for a few months before joining largely because of the original Walk which started in March. That and Red and Getharn's romance. :)

It was actually the coolness of the RP guilds back then that finally convinced me to join one. Not just IPA, but Grim Maw, Horntotem Tribe, Far Travellers, Defilers in particular. Great RPers and great community as a whole. And so I played out a whole story to free her from her personal obligations to allow her to join one. I didn't tell anyone that's what the RP was meant to do. Feren happened to be the lucky bugger to first ask Red to join after she'd become a "free agent". And he knew Red didn't want to join any guild too. She'd rebuffed a few invites by IPA members and other guilds in the past. That was actually a part of their IC convo when she accepted his invite. "Red, I know you've said you'd never join a guild, but. . . ." Hehe. But he tried again and it was perfect timing. And kismet, I think. I think it was the best choice of them all for Red's sake.

Sorry, I rambled. Hehe.

As for now! Yeah, Gohir and I are now playing both WoW and SW. Unless some miracle happens though where I actually see a solid community shape up that I want to get involved in, I don't see myself sticking with SW in the long term like I've done with WoW. I actually took a break from WoW for a bit over the holidays. When I came back, it was kind of nice to be able to talk with the old crew again. The game is old and settled, and I don't have to be in game EVERYDAY like I've practically been used to doing for years. But it feels like a much more comfortable place to stay, even when I started it back in '04, then SW does. I mean within a month of playing on CC, I had started talking to strangers casually because they were fun to talk to and starting to build relationships. And they started talking to me first, which was actually most important. SOMETHING I wasn't expecting to do at all. SW, haven't done that at all. Everyone just kinda does their thing.

SW though is a nice change of pace in the short term and I'm having lots of fun with the story and characters I've made. Just don't see myself getting too involved in end game stuff when I get there.

As for real life, Dan and I will have been together now 6 years come February. And the funny thing is! This year our anniversary (the days we first met) are on the exact same days. Which us kinda cool! =O

Wanna be a chef still. Can't find the right break to be one. But someday. RAWR! In the meantime, I'm a way overpaid hotel cook. So I'm kind of enduring that for a bit because of the moneys. >.< Still looking for something better, meaning I want a management position. But I'm at least semi-comfy until one shows up that I like. Semi-comfy because Dan atm is struggling with unemployment. Poop. But we're getting by.

I've recently had this notion that maybe I want to go back to Michigan sometime soon. Where I was born and raised. Want to be near my family and it's cheaper to live there. I honestly thought I'd never say that, but there it is. I'm thinking I'm having a little midlife crisis, hehe. I'm dreaming and looking at houses which are awesomely cheap over there but still too much for me to afford. But I've kind of started looking for work there too. So we'll see what happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:26 am 
Honored

Yeah, it was me who blacked out the site (as well as my other domains and suchlike). This one, in particular, could have been particularly vulnerable to some of the vagueries of the bills, what with the screen shots, avatars, that logo up there in the corner, etc.