WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Which do you recommend?
pants 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
ring 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: tough decision
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:05 am 

I'm torn.

I'm trying to decide between getting one of the SSO badge rings, and the SSO badge pants.

The Ring is 60 badges
The Pants are 100
The Ring would put my spell hit to the cap
The pants would replace my LAST piece of cloth
The ring is comparable in stats wo what I have now, plus the additional spell hit rating.
The pants are a massive upgrade in stats and damage
I am currently sitting at 1060 spellpower
and 124 Spell Hit rating
I am currently sitting on 75 badges. So 25 more is not that far off.... on the other hand ...badges are not easy for me to get, if I buy the ring it may very well be my last purchase for....a while.

current pants: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28594
new pants: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34905

current ring: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34073
new ring: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34889

edit: I can gem the pants to still be a damage upgrade, and give me ten more spellhit -- BUT -- the ring is a HUGE stamina upgrade .... ARGH!

Thoughts? Help? Advice?

Plainswander

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:32 am 
Fellow

I said the pants because they seem to be the biggest upgrade overall. However, I'd take a look at loot in ZA, SSC and TK that may be somewhat comparable to the badge loot. For instance, even though I knew the Robes of Heavenly Purpose wouldn't be as good as the new Gown of Spiritual Wonder, I don't think the stat upgrade is really worth 100 badges.

As a general rule, I try to save up for upgrades that cost the most badges first, to get them out of the way. So that's another good reason to go for the pants first. It makes achieving the next goals take less time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:37 am 

heh.

I can't include lewts from TK or SSC in my decision, the liklihood of me *ever* getting loot from either of those places is kinda vanishingly small. Being that I don't really see myself being able to add raiding either one of them to my schedule unless IPRA decides to go there sometime.

The only things from ZA I'm still after are the hammer and the 20minute bear pants. I mostly hit that palce because it's freakin FUN.

Plainswander

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 am 

The pants are really the best choice imo, especially since they are something that you will put a spellthread on and socket, so you want something you won't be upgrading for that slot.

Edit: Oh and the stamina upgrade really only boosts you about 150ish or so health...

Also, I think the spell crit will benefit you significantly on the new pants, as your crit is pretty low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:33 pm 
Fellow

Plainswander wrote:
Being that I don't really see myself being able to add raiding either one of them to my schedule unless IPRA decides to go there sometime.

http://wowforum.tabletopless.com/viewtopic.php?t=1229
>.>

Granted, it will probably take a while for us to learn boss fights in order to get teh lewt...but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

ETA: I see you mentioned 20-minute Bear pants. How do they compare to the badge pants?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:46 pm 

Farainasha wrote:
ETA: I see you mentioned 20-minute Bear pants. How do they compare to the badge pants?

20 minute bear pants: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33971

They're excellent pants, and if I had them, it'd be a no-brainer to grab the ring (I could trick the pants out with more crit and more damage, instead of gemming for hit). My only quibble would be that the stats on the ZA pants are a bit lower than the stats on the badger p[ants. I am a moonkin who likes his spirit.

The ZA pants have 3 sockets though...:D....

ETA: as you can see, this didn't help my indecision one little bit....heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:42 pm 
Matriarch

Plainswander wrote:
heh.
Being that I don't really see myself being able to add raiding either one of them to my schedule unless IPRA decides to go there sometime.

Plainswander

Ahem. It's IRS, thank you. And did you look at this month's admittedly flexible but none the less planned raid schedule? "May 23 - TK or SSC"