WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No healers, no OT
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:26 pm 
Matriarch

This is just a note. As of Monday afternoon, our raid for this week is without an OT and healers. I have one or two people I can still ask, but that doesn't guarantee a fill for the raids. I can myself change to OT or heals myself as is well known. And I know there are one or two people who can also switch to heals, if I ask them, but that doesn't fill up missing slots altogether. Tuesday is worse off then Wednesday, atm.

Also, getting tired of having to look for fills every week. Doing the best I can, but I know for me it's starting to become a mental blow. Last week when I thought I had a full group, and then I had people cancel last minute, it just ruined the night altogether. And frankly contributed to the fact that we couldn't even down one boss. -_- Please understand I don't hate anyone, or am angry at anyone. No one can help when RL happens. I don't hate any of you for RL being priority. And this week is just luck of the draw with people being on vacation and other things. But at the same time I don't feel I shoudl be struggling to keep a 10 man raid going. And that's what it's felt like for the last two months or so now. I'm trying to hang on, but doing this every week is just starting to hurt.

Where are my peeps? Are they even interested anymore? Are they tired? Does the schedule not work? Is our raid group just having bad luck in general? Is raid just a raid to you and so it doesn't matter who you raid with so long as you get a raid? How long am I suppose to hang on waiting to see if my guild can come together to keep up an Ishnu raid going?

And, hell, I hate coming on here being all depressed sounding because then I feel like I'm just trying to guilt trip you all. But that's not what I'm trying to do. But I am getting depressed about it, and I need to try and find an answer and a solution. Because raid is suppose to be fun, not depressing. :P

And this week, I have to find fills. . .again. *goes off to find those fills again*

Post subject: Re: No healers, no OT
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 am 
Honored

Ugh, sorry to hear all this, Red.

I think a lot of it may just be that it's the end of summer, and people haven't really gotten back to a set schedule. I know the Iron Dwarves Raid has had to scramble to fill at least two spots last-minute for every raid, and that seems to be the case for Ishnu, as well. Hopefully, if we give it a few weeks, things will start getting back to normal.

Schedule-wise, I currently cannot make any Wednesday night games unless my IRC game is cancelled. (I may even be present in WoW some of those times, but with the game running, I'm definitely not present enough to raid.) I will definitely keep coming Tuesday nights, but I will probably keep helping the Dwarves with their raid, as well. They do know that Ishnu raids will continue to be my priority, if there end up being any more double-booked nights.

And, as always, I'm more than willing to help track down fills for empty spots, but I hope there will be fewer of those to worry about.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:37 am 

Red - I am willing to Heal on Livanas, but only as Disc (Holy makes my eyes bleed and I'm no good at it anyway, so I'd probably wipe the raid as Holy). I will be just barely making it home for raid time, so please keep a slot for me. If you don't need me for heals, I'm happy to come as dps as originally planned. If there is another Disc priest in the raid already (Jaxi?), you would be better served finding another healer anyway. Disc priests don't stack well in a 10-man (and more than two is sub-optimal in a 25-man).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:42 am 

I should also mention that I would also be happy to bring Ursan, my warrior, for OT (or dps, if necessary). He is no Gohir in terms of gear, though. I don't know the state of Kick's gear, but I would assume she is also better geared than Ursan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:00 pm 

Plains can heal. Plains is happy to heal. Plains is even pretty good at healing.
(healed hardmode Loken the other day, no problem)

Plains has been avoiding taking PuG runs of Ulduar because he likes running Ulduar with Ishnu.
Plains has been avoiding signing into many PuG raids because his alotted raiding time is very small, and he wants to do it with people he likes. Hence, Ishnu.

Plains also knows that talking in the 3rd person is a bit odd, and that none of this probably makes a difference to the situation, but he's putting it out there anyway.

Help me get Jones to 8-0 and you'll ahve another OT as well. He is 77 now. All I need are some instance runs, really.
(after much trying, I've decided that for me, holy on a paladin is total pants. Prot however, is damn fun - rather the opposite of drood)

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:26 am 
Traveler

Sorry I haven't been around. Finally manage to log into the game last night.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 am 

well, we got a 10 person group togther to take a look at crusader 10 last night.

And got our butts handed to us most ignobly.

Not supised though, unfamiliar (and somewhat undergeared) tanks, nobody knew the encounters, and one of the dps was in greens.

Still and all, I had fun. I hope others did too. And I have a STRONG suspicion that an all ishnu group could destroy that place. I think it's a good way to gear up for finishing Ulduar.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:07 pm 

Hey red. You know Kami and I and darbles would be there if we weren't doing our darba entertaining and blizzcon. We will definitelybe back. It does suck when several people cannot make it though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:32 am 

Tomorrow! We will all be there! Honestly red, I miss raiding, I don't go to other raids, because I want to raid with ishnu, and I am just as frusterated as you are. Unfortunatly with the way work has been lately, it's hard for me to be there all the time, and of course being on vacation doesn't really help. All I can promise is that I will be here when I can, and I can fill any position you need pretty much, though I do need more tanking practice which I will be working on in heroics. :) Anyways, RAWR to you all!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:23 pm 

If it helps, Red, this seems to be somewhat true across the board (meaning in other groups, too). July and August are by far the worst months to keep things going consistently. The plus side is that it does get a lot more consistent in September and October, because most people have already taken vacations, trips, etc.

Hang in there--the ship will right itself.