WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 85 Heroics
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 am 
Traveler

So I did my first two heroics last night. I gotta say...it was challenging and fun. Knowing how the fights work really helps (as usual) but I never actually read any of the fights even when doing them on normal difficulty. Having a mix of crowd control and using them really made these instances smooth, however there are times when a heart attack moment happens.

Lost City
Final boss fight seemed so much easier than normal. Mainly because we had awesome people, healer and I read a bit on the fight.

Shadow Fang Keep
When we got that instance, I was excited. I haven't been there since the patch and everything is different. And much tougher. The boss fights. Oh the boss fights were hard, and we died a few times. Reading up on the strategies, we managed to defeat them. I'd definitely love to do that again. Just no more plate drop please >.>;

I now have some chaos orbs for crafting, once I can get those patterns.

Looking forward to doing some guild run heroics or just more heroics in general for points, loot, orbs, and whatnot. =)

Post subject: Re: 85 Heroics
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 am 
Matriarch

Yeah, trash isn't really a problem I've noticed. So long as people do their jobs concerning CC and not breaking it.

We went to Stonecore, unread. It took us two hours but it was largely because every boss in there essentially has a one shot mechanic and if you lose one person then you pretty much lose the fight. Being unread on the boss, it essentially took just one maybe two wipes to figure out what did what, though. If you have old school dungeoning habits it's pretty easy to figure out. The rest of the wipes were just getting out of the one shot instagibs successfully. It was the only heroic I've been to so far, and it's my understanding that not all instances have these oneshot death throws. We just got 'lucky' to get the one where all the bosses have it.

Also, first boss harder than all the other bosses. But then again, first boss difficulty might simply be culture shock too. *thinks* Nah. . .first bosses harder than all the others.

Yes, reading up makes it easier. But, honestly, you can learn without it. Every boss has simple basic mechanics - get out of fire, kill or manage adds, AoEs the whole room-you find place to hide, if he stands still while gearing up a long cast bar get out of melee range, only the tank in front, etc. Heroic ones just hurt more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:55 am 

I'm loving the new heroics. One thing I noticed though, was how exponentially easier they were with an Ishie group than in a PuG.

I think it has something to do with "we all know how each other plays, and work well as a team".

I would LOVE to hit up stonecore tonight, if anyone is available later on. Also, deadmines, I haven't been there yet.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:54 pm 
Matriarch

It isn't just we know each other. It's we know how to instance.

I've had people tag along with us. And you give 'em marks to follow and they don't follow them. You tell 'em to CC something and they don't CC them properly or at all. And then you have to repeat it once or twice to use CC or to not break it. And I've had situations where people know they're suppose to trap but don't know how. Don't know where to lay it. Or don't know how to pull with it. Or don't know how to stick it at their feet and use distracting shot. Simple things, that we all kinda just know and take for granted. We're just trained better, we did it in the time when all that stuff mattered back in Vanilla and BC. It's second nature to us. We may be a little rusty in a few habits like actually knowing what to mark for CCing, identifying what exactly is a ranged mob and what isn't. But overall, I can simply say "Nishk Blue" and he knows exactly what it means. And that's the other thing. Even if I don't say it, if I just put a blue box over something's head, every Ishnu person (or at least hunter type) knows automatically it means hunter trap.

We have to be patient with people we take with us. We have to teach them. We have to pretend this is Vanilla where a whole bunch of noobs don't know how to use their skills beyond pewpewpew. Because really for alot of folks they don't know. There are so many people who never raided or instanced pre-Wrath in an organized group before. And there's a bunch of people (which includes some of us even) that got spoiled by Wrath easy smash.