WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Retaking control of our raids
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:17 am 
Matriarch

Last night it was decided that I will be resuming full control of our raids. I do appreciate Jindall's efforts in trying to take the lead these past several months. I also appreciate the reasons why he can't anymore. :) Leading a raid is no simple task. Some people make it look easy and effortless, but it is all an illusion. As always, don't be afraid to come to me with any concerns, suggestions and advice that could be helpful in improving what we do.

So a couple of things I want to point out as we continue on. First, the next week or two for sure will be a little rough on the roster. It is the middle of summer. Vacation time. But we will be trying our best to make things happen.

We have been having consisant issue getting our weekend raid day going. I'm currently looking for a solution to the issue. Everything from moving the day to actively recruiting.

We also still have a small issue of lack of healing. I've considered finding another healer. But I would first like to consider people who have dual specs and even possibly moving days again. The healing issue mainly effects Wed. night.

In the next few days some of you will be hearing from me as I try to figure out solutions to these issues.

If I end up recruiting new folks, be nice! A herd of fighting cows can be intimidating! >>

Post subject: Re: Retaking control of our raids
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:58 am 

A herd of fighting cows...

You know what that means, don't you?

We ARE the Cow Level.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:34 am 
Traveler

No, I have not been 'fired' if some of you are wondering.

I'll keep it simple, since no one 'has' to know my reasons unless I felt like sharing them with you. The past few weeks, real life has taken over and will probably keep me busy in most part of August. There are days when I just want to go to bed.

Therefore, you will probably see less and less of me until September arrives. I am taking a vacation the last weekend in August, hoping the break will rejuvenate me. Until then, listen to Red. I should be back and ready for raiding in September, and/or lead if I'm still needed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:41 am 
Matriarch

You're fired! *shoots Jindall out of a cannon*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:29 pm 

* Merrax dusts off the Jindall sized WoodChucker that her and Gohir had been working on as she turns to see Jindall already flying three the air. "Damn, all the work and he's already been chucked!!!!"

I will happy make myself available when I can as Jindall and Redearth have said RL is hard to manage time to play. Masax is resto dual spec'd but is severely lacking in the gear. I will consider grinding points and heroics for resto gear if I am needed for it, I may also need to chat with Ebon or another Druid healer for some pointers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:19 pm 

Well, next week I head home, so should be available again more regularly. Also figure I would throw in that my good friend Shodawah has discovered a new love for DK tanking, and while RL has sunk its teeth into him quite a bit, he might be interested in coming once a week or so, if we want another spare tank in the roster. He just reached 347 ilvl, still needs a few pieces but otherwise he should be at least kosher for when we travel into the T11 zones. He also pulls some good dps as frost.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 am 
Matriarch

Well, as luck would have it, we gained three new raiders last night. :) Veovis and his friends Tigernmas and Gudish have joined IPA. This will hopefully give us what we need to keep our rosters steady. Note - It also means that depending on how sign ups work out, we may start rotating people once again on occasion to make sure everyone gets a chance to play.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm 

Hey all, I don't know about most of the guild I personally only really have raid experience from back in the days of BC. didn't see a single WotLK raid, and because of IPA I have luckily seen some of the cata raids. Even finish a whole one :-)

I was thinking if we are sort of running out of gas with the née content we get back to the weekend runs of the older content. I know lot of people enjoyed coming out seeing the fights and the instances. I would like to host some of them but don't really have enough experience raid leading.

Let me know what you all think. It's always fun to get groups together and build up funny old gear sets for RP and goofing around.

Red sorry for kidnapping your thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:16 pm 

While I don't mind if people want to do old raids, I personnally don't have much interest in focusing on them. I'd rather enjoy a good challenge during our official raid nights. If you want to see WotLK content, I suggest getting some people together on a saturday or another day nothing is planned. Fun thing is that there's basically no gear or skill requirement to it, seeing as we outlevel this stuff. I had a good feeling about our last firelands raid, we're definitely getting there. We just need to keep focusing, keep practicing and keep gearing up during the week. Those bosses are going down.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:14 am 
Traveler

Hey, I'm still around. I haven't gone anywhere.

With old raid content, I'm more than happy to lead them since I've done a majority of the old content before. There is really no 'best' day to set up a schedule, however I'm one for getting a guild achievement run done along with old raids, but we can easily do them without a full group.

Back on topic, if and should we happen to have enough members for two full raid groups, you know I'm more than willing to lead one. I have had practice with the past few months of leading us back into the raiding scene.

I'll be back to kick some Fireland bosses after my vacation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:33 am 
Matriarch

Eh, I'm reserving any heavy thought concerning a second group atm. Largely because we don't have the tank/healers for it.