WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Firelands ilevel goal
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:51 am 
Matriarch

This is not something written in stone on some uber raiding website. This is my personal opinion, so take it as you will. As mentioned previously, I felt we were a touch undergeared still for Firelands on our first day there. So I would like people to aim for an ilevel of 361. This is totally doable without extreme measures. Otter himself reached it yesterday with a mix of JP gear and ZA gear, as well as the first rewards you get from the early Molten Front quests.

Post subject: Re: Firelands ilevel goal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 pm 

woot, both my dps and tank sets on Grimes are pretty darn close to that, if not there already, and Martok is 357 on his healy set.

Once I get back from visiting canada land, ill definitely make up that last few points.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:23 pm 

I recently got ilvl 369 on Reknor. A few tips to reach it easily.

-Crafted weapons and armor. Just browse the guild profession tab. The Molten Front dailies also unlocked some nice Blacksmithing and Engineering patterns for weapons. Definitely some interesting upgrades there.
-Valor/justice point gear. This one is obvious, getting the motivation to run heroics can be hard, but lemme know if you want help. I'm more then willing to spend time doing heroics with guildies if it means we'll have better geared mains. It's more bearable if you know someone in the group.
-BH. A lot of pugs fail pretty bad at it, but it's worth doing. Easy VP and a (pretty slim) chance at some nice gear. If you can find a 25 man pug, it's easier and gives more loot.
-Dailies. It's obvious, but I'm mentioning it just because it's still on the list, lol.
-BOE epics. If you happen to have gold to waste, sometimes nice stuff pops up on the AH. The few firelands epics I've seen were super overpriced though, and I don't see them that often.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:50 pm 
Honored

It's worth noting that many Firelands BOEs are already much, much cheaper than they started. After five weeks inside, raids are getting more unneeded BOEs that wind up in the AH. There are also a few classes that can still regularly solo Firelands trash.

Find out which of these BOEs are upgrades and keep checking the AH regularly. You never know what sort of deal might come up. (It might also be a good plan to pay attention to which sellers frequently have this gear for sale and drop them a letter asking if they have what you're looking for.)