WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5 Man Scholomance run for Skyfury Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:58 am 

Ok, Red and I have this crazy idea to do the Shaman epic helmet quest with, well, 5 Shaman.

Basically, the idea is that each Shaman will take up a particular role.

I'm going to be tanking because, not only do I have the talents(Imp. Shield, Toughness, Imp. Rockbiter) for it, I'm the only Shaman that I know of with Melee gear (All Str/Stam/Agi).

Here's what I want.

Main Tank (Me)
Mana Tide specced Healer
Offtank
DPS
DPS

I NEED a shaman with Mana Tide and caster gear in order to keep this running. You're going to have Mana Tide down as much as possible, with the Mana Spring or Enamored Mana Spring down inbetween. Mana is going to be crucial not only to your healing ability, but my ability to hold aggro, and the other Shaman's ability to DPS. You're going to be the main healer in this role, focusing on keeping me up first, then the rest of the group.

I'd like two DPS Shamans. Red is one, and we need a second. Basically, your core role is DPS; but you also HAVE to help out with spot healing, as the Main Healer is going to be mainly focusing on the tank.

Finally, I want a Shaman willing to take on the role of an offtank. There's certain parts of the event where we will be fighting 3 enemies at a time, and while I can most certainly take a hit; I won't be able to take all three enemies at once. Your role is going to be to tank the current DPS target. I don't require you to have any particular spec for this, but I do demand you have on a 1hander+shield in order to maximize your damage mitigation. If we have to, this role can be filled by a priest whom will be shackling a mob; though both Red and I would prefer to do this with all Shaman.

We're going to need potions for this as well. Preferably, I'd like everyone to have a couple of the high end Mana Pots, though Health pots could work too, but are going to be more situational. I also want Resistance and stat enhancing potions, as well as scrolls. Food like the ones with health/5 or mana/5 effects will also be useful. Finally, I'd like it if the other shaman can bandage. While it won't be effective for me, since I can't bandage and be taking hits at once; it'll be a good tool to reduce mana consumption from heals. If you can throw a quick bandage on the healer, or a DPSer, or even the tank; it'll save us that much mana.

This is going to be tough, and we'll probably wipe once or twice; but that's fine since we'll all have at least one ankh on us, eh? It'll be awesome if we can do it with 5 Shaman, and it should be an incrediably fun experience. It is, however, going to be a lot of hard work, and it's everyone is going to have to be at the top of their game to keep on this.

If we can do this with all IPA members, that'll be even BETTER. I was thinking:

Main Tank - Eslyn
Offtank - Echota, Geryon, Shim?
DPS - Redearth
DPS - Echota, Geryon, Shim?
Healer - Granada.

(I only vaguely know Red and Granada's specs, and I have no clue about Geryon's, Shim's, or Echota's, so that's just a guess.)

If we have to, we'll pull from outside IPA.

Data and time will be set once we have all the members committed. Remember, this is not only for the Epic helm, but to just have a good time too! A lot of people say it can't be done without at least a Warrior and a Priest; so let's prove them wrong!

Last edited by Eslyn on Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:53 am 
I want to see videos!

AFAIK Geryon should be somewhat equipped and spec'ed to OT, though if he would ever come back from Winter break he could confrim this. Shim and Echota are both resto spec'ed I believe. So, how would you feel about 2 mana tides? Also, if you need help getting the scrolls and the food, talk to me. Winterfall Firewater might not be a bad idea, as well as some of the Jujus from Winterfall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:03 am 
Blasted Lands buffs as well--+50 to any one stat for an hour. I believe the items are unique, though, so you'd have to choose carefully and use them appropriately.

Best of luck, guys! Remind us all why we think you need to be SHOT OUT OF A NERF-CANNON--um, hugged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:00 am 

Efejel wrote:
I want to see videos!

AFAIK Geryon should be somewhat equipped and spec'ed to OT, though if he would ever come back from Winter break he could confrim this. Shim and Echota are both resto spec'ed I believe. So, how would you feel about 2 mana tides? Also, if you need help getting the scrolls and the food, talk to me. Winterfall Firewater might not be a bad idea, as well as some of the Jujus from Winterfall.

Two Mana Tides would be amazing. When one goes down, the other can come up, and that would be even more helpful. Mana is going to be the major key to survival, and I feel the more the better.

Yeah, the stat potions from the Badlands will probably be pretty helpful, and I believe you're correct about only being able to have one on at a time... but they last awhile; the event shouldn't take more than an hour.

It sucks, but we're really going to have to rely on potion and scroll buffs, as we will NOT get Fortitude, Mark of the Wild, or Arcane Intellect.

But if we can pull this off; zomg! How amazing will that be?

Red and I have been both reading up on stratagies, which I will tell people, and make sure everyone understands when the time comes. It seems vaguely familiar to the Paladin Epic Charger event, which I've seen done many, many, many times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:39 am 
It's actually the same event--so the Horde can take advantage of the Death Knight's unique loot tables just as the Alliance can. It's roughly like the warlock dreadsteed quest in that he can be summoned every time you enter, even if you've finished the quest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:29 am 
Fellow

Shim and I both have mana tide totems and the quest for the helm. :wink: Shim also has an epic axe that does nice damage ...

Echota

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:13 am 

Echota wrote:
Shim and I both have mana tide totems and the quest for the helm. :wink: Shim also has an epic axe that does nice damage ...

Echota

Excellent; I'd love to have you guys along. All IPA run ftw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:53 am 
Fellow

I am definitely interested in doing this. It sounds like a great time!

My spec, by the way, is 0/11/40; with Two-hand Axe/Mace and Mana Tide Totem, I couldn't get Elemental Focus, so I put everything else into Restoration. & of course, Parry is the 21-point talent (boo).

With three mana tide totems in rotation, we should be okay for mana. When Windfury procs with Brain Hacker, it's really pretty! so I try to fill the DPS slot. Plus, I always carry one-hand weapons & a shield & can switch with ItemRack, so I can try to fit whatever position is needed at the moment (well, except tank).

I'm excited!

& Neris, you make me feel at home already....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:58 am 
Matriarch

I'm working on potions now. Resists and Stat increases, healing and mana. Everything I can think of that would be of use. If you want to get the brain or gizzard juices and such from the Blasted Lands, that's up to you to get since of course it's a quest reward. It does stack with potions I do believe which is grand. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

*dances around with excitement giving everyone hugs as she twirls on by them*

You have no idea how much this idea excites me! Hehehehehehe! Fun, fun , fun!

Thank you so much, Eslyn, for solidifying all the thoughts on this and posting. *big kiss and hugs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:20 am 
Fellow

I could also bring some thorium grenades and/or some of those nice explosives you can make with those crystals in the Crater. We'll need to be careful not to aggro those we're not yet ready to fight, but those would give us a bit of mana-independent Aoe damage.

Echota

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:32 am 

Echota wrote:
I could also bring some thorium grenades and/or some of those nice explosives you can make with those crystals in the Crater. We'll need to be careful not to aggro those we're not yet ready to fight, but those would give us a bit of mana-independent Aoe damage.

Echota

That would be wonderful. Compile anything you want that you think will be helpful. I can't stress enough how prepared we need to be for this to make it work.

Once we're all set up, we'll compile a list of what we have, and go from there. I'm working on figuring out a stratagy, and how all this is going down.

If possible, Echota, can you get a hold of a repair bot? I have no idea how many tries this will take, and having broken armor as well as failing will only ruin people's nights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:09 pm 
Fellow

I'll look into it ... I've never had/made a repair bot, but if I can, I will.

Echota
Gnomish Engineer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:42 pm 

Granada's in, and she says she has some fused wiring to make a repair bot with.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Once we're all set with the materials we need, we'll set a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:02 pm 
So, Me, Shim, Echota, Eslyn and Red. Now we just need a time and date.

Red, I can fish you up some stonescales if you need to make more armor potions. Those will be important without MotW. And, I'm tapped out of elixer of sages. Shim, Echota, and I have instanced together before, and we will definitely communicate the order of dropping mana-tide, Echota I know is great at helping back me up on healing when needed. *grin*

This is gonna be fun guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:53 pm 
Traveler

Good luck in this. Ya know...you're really gonna have to be healng Eslyn if he's Main Tank. After all, he's really squishy sometimes. *grins*