WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stomping Hooves
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:58 pm 
Matriarch

((This has been posted on the WoW CC forums, of course))

The Alliance troops in the Barrens were a little on edge. After months of being at a standstill, waiting for reinforcements and supplies and staring at the Horde forces across ravines and hills waiting for something to happen, something finally did. In the past week the Horde had sent small parties to raid their camps and their forts. Small skirmishes between Horde and Alliance on these gods forsaken plains wasn’t unusual. But these particular attacks seemed to have a very specific pattern. Cause a little havoc, steal a few supplies and do what they could to hinder the building of their defenses. In and out, quick as could be. They did not stay long to put up too much of a fight or be captured. They didn’t know when and where they would strike next. But all the camps had been victims of the activity and there was definitely a specific pattern emerging.

The guards at Fort Triumph had been put on double shifts and been told to keep a keen eye out for any suspicious movement. But they were worn. And so they did not see anything as the night wore on into the wee hours of morning. That is until a light abruptly arose atop a nearby hill. A tall flaming torch easily the height of two men. And under this flame washed by its surrounding glow the silhouette of a female Tauren.

The alarms were sounded and troops gathered at the gate. The shadow of the Tauren just stood there watching them gather. She stood just that much too far to shoot from the wall. Her still figure broke as she stomped the ground three times, and then fast as that flame came to life the Tauren disappeared, running off into the night.

They stood at the gate and gathered on the walls waiting for an attack, but none came. When morning broke a scouting party was sent out to look at the torch left behind. Atop the beam, its pitch covered top still smoldering, hung a brittle, blackened skull, and tied to the beam a sash of softened hide, painted with markings in red and black. The effigy was pulled from its place and brought back to the fort where a dwarf, one of the few survivors of the destruction of Bael Modan, took one look at it and knew what its symbolism meant.

“Tha’ there’s Tauren. Some tribe means war.”

Word slowly came from the other Alliance strongholds across the southern Barrens. They had given the same message that night.

Post subject: Re: Stomping Hooves
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:13 pm 
Fellow

*A letter is posted in the guild hall with a note attached.*

One of our new recruits received this letter from a member of the AAMS last night. It seems the Alliance has gotten our message.
-Farainasha

I greet you with Strength and honor. I am Jericho Damascus, Knight-Captain, former squad commander of the 33rd Arathi Brigade and full time warrior with Pillar of Honor.

I send this missive not in the hopes for some vain attempt at last minute peace but to speak to my fellow brethren in steel and sword.

The drum of battle beats within each of us just as if it were our own heart. War is on us all. You will stand your guard and fight for your cause just as we will our guard and fight for our cause.

Your declaration of war has been seen and shall be met with all the honor and strength afforded to it. I cannot speak for all my kind, or even the Alliance itself, but know this: that it will be the highest of honors to face you on the field and I shall mourn the passing of every warrior I slay and will pray for their souls at battle's end until the day I am slain.

For honor, for duty. Your comrade in arms,

Jericho

P.S. - Bring it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:09 pm 
Matriarch

“You make your world.”

That is what her father had told her once. Perhaps it was because of her recent trip home to her tribe that brought those words back into her memory. Every time she went to visit them and sat among the Chief and his council, gave her mother the loving, longing hugs of an expatriated daughter, saw how much more her two young cousins had learned the ways of the shaman in the time she had been away, she was reminded that her father was no longer there.

Perhaps it was because she had decided to not tell the story of portent at the most recent Storytelling Circle. The night had been a good one, filled with interesting and exciting tales. A brief moment to step away from the more dire demands of life and listen to the voice of the Ancestors through story and myth. Though there was that one orc who continued to echo some of the more deeper concerns that also lay on Red Earth’s heart and mind.

Or perhaps it was the letters she now held in her hand. She had read them when she had first gotten them. And now she read them again so she would know how to respond. The type of letters she had not received in a number of years. Delivered to her by the AAMS, to ensure they would reach her confidentially and securely. Because they came from an old acquaintance from the Alliance concerned about the path that Red Earth had chosen to now walk, declaring war upon the Alliance in the Barrens.

At first she was surprised to learn that they had discovered it was the Ishnu Por Ah who had a hand in it. But then she was told who the letters were addressed to aside from herself. Word had spread quickly while she was away because of Brother Plainswander it seemed.

She would have to see what that old Hooter had been up to while she had been away seeking counsel and continue to steer her own path in this fiercer world she had created. It would start with a letter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:12 pm 
Matriarch

Brother Plainswander, I have a feeling you've already received these messages. Or at least one of them. My return from home has made me aware that word has spread quickly and I believe I have you to thank for it. But I said I would make sure you receive them since they were addressed to both you and I. I am sharing them with all here to see as well.

Plainswander,
We have been friends for a very long time. I was dismayed to hear of your demands in the Barrens. I understand your feelings about the Barrens being sacred land. I am sure the elves feel the same way in Kalimdor. Let us meet and discuss this. I will bring a party of no more than fice to a location of your choosing. Perhaps we can come to a peaceful conclusion.
Truly,
Gentyl

Dear old friend,
You know I cannot promise you the Alliance leave the Barrens. I have no idea why they are there to begin with. Regardless, I would like to meet with you to discuss the options of peace, or if only to buy a drink for an old friend before hostilities start.

Truly,
Gentyl

I have sent a response to Gentyl that I will be willing to meet with her. I do not see that we can reach any sort of peaceful accord anytime soon, but I was taught that when people offer to talk, then we will talk.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 pm 
Matriarch

“You did WHAT?!”

The Orc’s exclamation of surprise turned into a glaring look. Kickfeather wasn’t sure what kind of response she expected when the Commander of Desolation Hold called her into the command tower after she and her companions had swooped in to take care of the small group of Alliance that had come flying over their walls. They were a small group but they were strong and the orc grunts were not prepared for it. Luckily, Kickfeather and the others were still nearby and came to help. He was sincerely grateful for that until she explained why such an attack was expected.

These Pinkies had been watching their movements all night, from the time they were facing each other off in test sparrings by the Great Wall in Mulgore to when they went south so she could show those she was with the road in Dustwallow that the Alliance were building. Aware that they were being watched tonight both excited her and made her wary. In one sense, it was good to know that word had been spreading about what they wanted to do. But at the same time, it made her unusually cautious and at first she wasn’t going to make any noise in the Barrens that evening because of it.

But then she threw caution to the wind hearing Lithune say, “What does it matter?” And she knew she was right. They had made at least some in the Alliance turn their heads. Now it was time to really show them that they meant business. And so, with some fifteen strong, they made their way past the walls of Fort Triumph and faced off any who dared. Like the orcs at Desolation Hold, they were not expecting any such attack. But it was robust enough to get a retaliatory response that night and so it was why they were there by necessity to help the orcs out. It seemed the Commander wasn’t too happy with the explanation.

“Do you know what you’ve done?” the orc asked through clenched teeth.

“Your job?” Kickfeather responded bluntly. Her honesty wasn’t always spoken with the best respect. “We’re here to drive the Alliance out of the Barrens, not hide behind a wall on an anthill dreaming of reinforcements.”

The Commander’s face reddened in anger and his body bristled as he stepped forward, his hand reaching over to grip his axe. “You little PUP. . . .!”

The sounds of battle erupted outside, the guards along the wall yelling out in alarm. The Commander stepped away from Kickfeather and headed to the window to see what was happening. A larger force of Alliance had arrived and they were already past the gate and well into the Hold. The Orc soldiers and Kickfeather’s band standing side by side in battle.

“Let me fight them or kill me? I’d rather fight them. How about you?”

The Orc growled at Kickfeather’s statement. But he didn’t turn to her and he started barking orders to those within earshot. Kickfeather took that as her cue to leave him and join the fight.

“Drive them off!” Kickfeather ordered after they’d pushed the surviving Alliance forces out of the Hold. They were gathering outside along the hills and she wouldn’t let them have another chance to try again. They stormed out of the gate, battle cries ringing through the air, tearing them down without mercy until the last of them that remained retreated back over the trench scarring the middle of the Southern Barrens.

She stood on the precipice watching them run. The battle was over, they would not give chase or make another attack on their fort again tonight. She turned to look back at Desolation Hold and saw the Commander standing there at the gate watching her. She smiled with grim satisfaction and proudly thanked those who had fought with her that night. They had shown their strength and made their point. To both sides.

Time to plan and hope the next battles would be just as fruitful, she thought to herself as she then turned to help ensure the wounded and the dead were tended too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:31 pm 

last night Plains obliterated Alliance Forward Command.

This after sending a letter via goblin post to Ehlina and Gentyl with troop movement, supply route, and population info re horde activity in Stonetalon and Ashenvale.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm 
Matriarch

The rest of her evening was spent in quiet contemplation, interrupted only by a sudden break of violence on the remains of Camp Taurajo where people had gathered after the AAMS’s farce of peace. When it was over she almost felt more than justified over the loss she had dealt to the Alliance earlier that night.

Earlier that evening she stood triumphant, on the eastern edge of the Battle Scar which tore across the valley of the Southern Barrens. Behind her was Desolation Hold, before her Fort Triumph. And alongside her, her Ishnu brethren and other members of the Horde, surrounding what remained of the Alliance who had attacked the Barrens in full force that day.

A surprise attack on the Horde’s multiple camps and fortifications, Red Earth had gone instead of her sister when the calls of alarm sounded. Kickfeather had been sent to bed, taken ill with Brother Mishkwaki to watch vigil over her to make sure she did not sneak away. He was probably the only one who could do so alone. When she arrived she had offered herself up first as a healer, knowing full well that at times such was needed more than a warrior.

It became obvious the Alliance were there to make a very bold statement. And looking upon their faces and hearing their jeering laughter as they held onto Vendetta Point while the Horde and their aliies scrambled to drive them out, Red Earth’s inner fire, already burning steadily from her recent verbal battles with Andelia of the AAMS, grew hotter and hotter. These Alliance, some familiar of face, some not, were laughing at them. Thinking they had an easy victory, thinking them weak. That was why they were in the Barrens. They saw these lands and the people on it as weak.

When they had moved to Desolation Hold, there was no turning back. Red Earth, infuriated, dropped her visage of protection and ripped fire from the air and lightning from the sky, burning them down any Alliance she could and with the rest pushing them out of the stronghold . Across the scarred land, back to their stone walls. She wanted to drive them back across the ocean if she could.

“Do not let them cross back over!”

They would have nothing, she decided. And angrily threw the fury of the elements upon them. They would not laugh at them anymore tonight. They would not take what was not theirs. And they would pay for their transgressions. The fighting was fierce. Red Earth was determined to show them they did not belong here. Back and forth they fought until finally the Ishnu and the Horde overwhelmed them, leaving the few of them left standing at their mercy.

Before her stood Ehlina. Looking upon her, defeated, the words she had spoken to Red Earth a week before rang in her head. Ehlina had said she sympathized with why they fought against the Alliance in the Barrens, but in the greater war she saw the necessity for the Alliance movements there. In the end, the Barrens were nothing but a square on a chessboard to her. The sympathies of this paladin whom she had held respect and honor for these many years knowing her meant nothing now. Remembering those words, the fire that burned within her was stoked with such rage.

Her hands rose up and she shouted to the sky. There was nothing that could stop the great white fire that Red Earth tore from the sky, took into her hands, and stepping forward pushed it full force upon the paladin. Her eyes watched Ehlina’s as the searing bolt of lightning pierced through her armor and rended bone and flesh. In that painful and fleeting moment, there was terrible understanding. Ehlina fell to the ground, reaching over her body in agony for the arm that was no longer there.

“Get out of our Barrens!” Red Earth roared once more and walked away without another word.

No one followed, both the Alliance and the Horde, too shocked or incapable to know what to do that moment.

Now Red Earth sat quietly, by her sister's sleeping form, holding back tears and wondering what she would think of her when she heard what she had done.

((Thanks all for coming out. The war game to help determine a winner of the battles yesterday evening were alot of fun. ^^ Sorry, about the delayed post. All the after hours RP and PvPing sorta sucked up my time and just coudln't finish this morning. But better late then never!))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:52 pm 
Matriarch

((A little catchup. Cross posting some of Kick's posts that had been put on the CC forums.))

Kickfeather pushed aside the druid’s hand gruffly and rose from her bed. She didn’t need him poking her and laying his hand on her head anymore to see if she was better. She knew she was. Her stomach no longer felt like it hand been jabbed by a staff and twisted like a piece of wet cloth being wrung and her head was no longer so ablaze with a dizzying heat that it felt like she was being held upside down over a campfire. She was all hot in the head for another reason now and no one was going to keep her in bed any longer because of it.She successfully remained standing as a small wave of dizziness hit her and her hooves tried to remember how to hold her up.

A throaty cough came from Red Earth who sat nearby and she silently shifted her gaze back and forth between Kickfeather and the Elder Runetotem who had come to help cleanse her of the poison which had made her ill. Kickfeather twisted her lip guiltily, then turned to the venerable druid with a smile. She gave him a reverent bow and then taking his hand, touched it to her forehead.

“Thank you, Brother Runetotem, for coming to my aid. I owe you a debt of gratitude for cleansing my blood of this vile poison and possibly saving my life. My arm is yours if ever you need it.”

The druid took his hand and laid it over Kickfeather’s head, patting it lightly in thanks. Then with a warning as to which sources of water were currently safe while all the others were still being cleansed, he bid them a farewell and left.

Without another word, Kickfeather reached for her armor and started to don the pieces. Sitting up, her sister came to her and helped her secure the bindings. After a while, Red Earth spoke up.

“Are you sure-“

“Yeah, I am. I’m fine. Right as rain.”

“There are-“

“No. Me.”

Her sister didn’t say another word, she could tell Kickfeather had made up her mind and nothing was going to stop her from moving forward. Kickfeather wondered why she sometimes still tried. If she felt so strongly about keeping her in bed then she wouldn’t have been helping her with the armor in the first place. Por Ah, maybe he sister would just go ahead and poison her again to keep her from moving if she was really THAT scared of letting her out of the lodge.

She briefly wondered if her sister would really ever consider doing that.She shook her head as if to clear the ridiculous thought from her mind. Red Earth would do a lot of things to fight for what she believed in, but harm her own sister, Por Ah forgive her for even thinking such a thing. She would blame the errant thought on the poison. Grabbing her axe and her hammer and making sure they were hooked and strapped securely to her back, she turned to her sister and gave her a broad smile, standing tall, chin up.

“See, like it never happened,” Kickfeather declared, but then she waggled her finger in the air. “But it did. So, now it’s time to take care of that. Then all the other stuff. Which, Por Ah, stop looking like that! You didn’t do anything wrong. You KNOW that.”

Red Earth nodded in assent. “I know,” she replied, but there was the sound of a sigh in her voice. She still needed convincing.

Kickfeather’s lips curled and her brow furrowed. When she was well enough, Red Earth had informed her of all that had happened. About the AAMS’s rebuilding attempt and failure. She told her about how the Alliance, led by Ehlina, attacked that same night and were successfully driven off, but not without both sides taking quite a bit of damage. And word had spread even to Thunder Bluff by this time on how her sister had maimed the paladin. But her sister remained unhappy and hurt about something. And Kickfeather didn’t like it when something hurt her big sister. It made her want to smash someone’s face in. She just wasn’t sure who’s yet and it was only because her sister would disapprove if she hit the wrong face that she didn’t just go out and cause a ruckus. Had to go out and find the right and proper face. Until then, she would take care of the stuff she did know about.

“You write those letters everyone's been needing. I’m gonna go to Bloodhoof and see about this body.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:53 pm 
Matriarch

The death knight that had poisoned the waterways of Mulgore had received no ceremony. Well, at least not any good ones. Kickfeather wouldn’t be surprised if a few curses had been laid upon the body in hopes his lost soul would suffer. Beyond that, it didn’t deserve any respect at all. This dead Deadie was an example of the worst kind of enemy. A dishonorable coward who didn’t face his opponents, but rather, snuck about using hidden and underhanded means to take down his enemy.

The body was still where the people of Bloodhoof said they put it, hanging by a rope off a tree south of the village. It had remained relatively unharmed, though certainly treated with no dignity. Uncleaned, the wounds on the body still gaping open, the armor twisted around the limp form swinging listlessly with a gust of wind and flies and other insects buzzed around it in search of a good meal or a place to lay their eggs. The fact that there was a small pile of dead insects slowly collecting on the ground under the swinging body made Kickfeather cringe. The body was still poisonous.

It had only been a couple days since this death knight had been killed. His spirit had not returned to the body and Kickfeather wondered if it would. Surely, the Earthmother wouldn’t have let this coward be on his way to happier hunting grounds with his ancestors. Maybe the curses that the villagers might have put upon him might have tied his wretched little soul in something less than appealing. Like one of these flies that would probably be dead soon from the poison it got from touching this dead piece of meat. Her imagination made her smile a little.Maybe he was just lost. Maybe he was scared to come back. Folks had done a pretty good job ‘scaring’ him to death with their axes in his back and their claws in his thigh. Kickfeather wished he would come back now so she could put a little scare in him. And she was half tempted to convince Red Earth to come and attempt to force his return. She knew it could be done with the right kind of magic. But she quickly shrugged off the idea. As angry as she was, attempting to make her sister cross that line might get her in more trouble than it was worth.

And she was angry. Angry she had been made sick by the devious plot of this worthless piece of rot. She never got sick! And because of it she, had been bedridden and missed one of the better battles to defend the Barrens from an all out assault by Alliance. But it went beyond personal. The poison he had been spreading had made many sick and had killed in the villages and plains of Mulgore and Thunder Bluff. It had killed many small and young creatures who drank of the water. Not just rabbits and gazelles and the like, but also the young of the kodo herds which were newly born this spring and possibly also a few of the Tauren youths and babies. The druids and healers of the area, now knowing where this great sickness had stemmed from, were now working on cleansing the land and water of the poison. But it would take time and the damage was done. The effects would last over the next few seasons. The hunting and fishing in Mulgore would be thin this year at least and mothers cried for the loss of their most precious.

The perpetrator’s body now swung there at the crossroads outside the village as a warning to others not to attempt similar to the people of Bloodhoof. Kickfeather decided it wasn’t the proper place. Climbing the tree, Kickfeather cut down the body and it fell with a thud onto a large skin blanket she had laid down beneath it. Wrapping it and tying it securely, careful not to touch it for fear of the sickness it would spread, she then grabbed the rope it had hung by and tied it to her kodo’s saddle straps. Kickfeather then road off east, dragging the corpse filled bundle behind her, to the Great Wall that helped close Mulgore off from the rest of the world.

Once there, Kickfeather dragged it up the stairs of one of the wall’s twin towers and tied the end of the rope to the wall’s par.apet, cut the ties to her bundle, lifted it up and threw it over the side. The blanket unfurled and flapped loudly as it danced to the ground on the Barren’s side of the wall. Bouncing against the wooden beams of the wall the body swung ungraciously until it settled at the end of its rope, perfectly facing towards the Alliance forces watching below. There the body would stay until the Earthmother decided its fate as a reminder to those laying siege that all of Mulgore was not for them. And if his spirit did decide to come back, then at least he would get a surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 pm 
Matriarch

((AND NOW! That it's all caught up. New posts. :) ))

They had been quiet too long. Red Earth had thought it wise after the Alliance attack which had ended with her confrontation with Ehlina. And though she was sure there were still some who wished her dead because of that, among other things, it was her hope that the time that had passed had eased some minds to let words be as effective as action once again.

Things had not been completely silent. Words had been written and spoken. And Red Earth was satisfied knowing that there were some among the Alliance who could look past anger and understand why the Ishnu Por Ah advocated their fight and now chose to no longer enter the Barrens and engage them as enemies. It was her hope that their decision would serve as an example to others and they too would come to understand and one day they would not be raising arms against each other anymore. She also had hopes to continue peaceful, active relations with those who chose not to fight against them.

But the Alliance armies still had not abandoned their posts in the Barrens and continued to build. And so the fight had to continue lest they considered themselves victorious usurpers. It was time to continue their efforts. To test the Alliance resolve and see just how determined they were to bring troops to the ‘wastelands’ across the ocean from their homes, when there was always someone there trying to tear them down.

Word was the bombs were prepared and they merely had to choose the day to deliver their message. Red Earth would leave that decision up to her sister. It was Kickfeather who should lead the martial interests. Unlike her sister, standing in front of the battle was not her place. This was the lesson she had learned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:01 pm 
Matriarch

Red Earth had been longing to take care of another interest. It was a related note and one that should not be ignored. There were others besides soldiers of the Horde and the Alliance living in the Barrens. Red Earth knew this all too well herself. Before starting upon this campaign she had gone home to her tribe. Still living a nomadic life, it had taken her longer than normal to find them because they were not following the hunting trails they had followed for generations. In part it was due to the changes of the landscape that Deathwing’s rise had created. But running the plains had also been hampered by the entrance of the Alliance into the Barrens. Unless they made the rugged climb higher up the mountains, they were trapped to the south and forced to make due with what they could along the edges of Thousand Needles and Feralas. Their normal trails cut to less than half of what it had once been by the invasion of the Alliance and the subsequent battles which ensued. They would make due, however. The Swifthorn were good at that, as were many Shu’halo. They knew how to avoid and sacrifice and remain out of sight from those who would threaten them.

But Red Earth knew that it could only last so long. If the snake is nearby, it would not be very long before its forked tongue found the rabbit’s burrows. And the Alliance had already pushed out the people of Camp Taurajo and forced those of Honor’s Stand, among others, to find unsheltered security upon the sides of the western mountains. All were cut off from overland supplies and reinforcements because of the chasm to the north which now separated them from what had once been the center of the Barrens population, the Crossroads and the capital of the Horde, Orgrimmar. While Orgrimmar had grown strong and fortified, the towns and camps of the southern Barrens had suffered. But the people of this land, despite the adversities, were resilient. They refused to leave despite the loss and the odds.

Not too long ago, Kickfeather along with Brother Arapache and Brother Nishk had gone to Camp Una’fe, the refuge of the Camp Taurajo survivors. They had asked them if they would come to Mulgore to find safety, but they had refused. They were determined to stay. The orcs and Shu’halo who now resided upon Hunter’s Hill, making raids upon the Alliance fort below in Honor’s Stand, also refused to leave. Red Earth understood and honored their resolve. But she knew they would probably need aid in order to recuperate, survive and most likely fight off any attacks. She was especially concerned with Camp Una’fe. There, a number of orphans were being cared for.

She wished to bring supplies to them. As well as the aid of other people to help them secure their camp. It would be time to ask others for help in this. It would also be a good time to bear some helpful fruit from Ishnu Por Ah’s own raiding endeavors. Their first attacks upon the Alliance strongholds had garnered them a cache of supplies. Everything from rations to clothes to tools. Possibly even a few weapons and armor had been taken from the Alliance. Red Earth had not yet sifted through the inventory herself. But she was sure they would be helpful to those wanting in the Barrens.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:55 am 
Matriarch

It was to be a routine patrol. The Ishnu Por Ah were going to look over the route between Camp Una’fe and the Great Wall just to make sure things were relatively safe for the caravan they had planned to lead in the next couple days. As they gathered at Camp and were discussing what sort of improvements they might make to help the people there, Brother Arapache arrived to join them with news that Alliance were spotted near the Crossroads.

“Again?!” Kickfeather proclaimed. Earlier they had already been to the Crossroads because of an Alliance attack. Cowards who ran as soon as they caught sight of a Tauren and a Troll ready to fight. Since they were nearby, Kickfeather gave the order to head north and see what they could find.

Nephansi was the one to find them. A small group of Alliance, heavily armed. But they were not at the Crossroads, they were west of it. Among the ruins that Rethgar Deathgate still watched over. It didn’t much matter, why they were there. It was Horde land and their presence there could not be tolerated. They surrounded them and warned them off. But slowly, Kickfeather began to recognize some of the faces. The mage woman. The Draenei. Others especially recognized the Draenei. They had been in the southern Barrens. They had been a part of those who fought with the invaders. But Kickfeather did not immediately engage them. They were being different. They weren’t attacking on sight. Something wasn’t right. She threatened them again, trying to tell them to leave. She even turned to Yotingo of the AAMS who was with them.

“Can you talk to them? Can you translate. Sis might get mad at me later for using you, but I’ll deal with that when it comes.”

“They’re protecting her,” someone realized, indicating the young human they surrounded. From the look of her dress, a priest of some sort. Kickfeather directed her attention to this little woman and tried to tell her to be off. The other Alliance stepped in her way. Kickfeather grumbled. Threats arose from them and they were now telling her to go away. Which was ridiculous!

“You don’t belong here. We’re telling YOU to leave!”

The tension grew thicker. The Draenei growled threateningly and lifted his weapon. He was a Death Knight, the land around him began to decay with the rise of his threats. In that moment, Kickfeather could see where this was going to lead.

She stepped towards him boldly. She looked between him and the mage. “You want to fight me? Then do it. Here I am!”

It was as if he understood her words, and he reached out his hand, dragging her towards him and the battle ensued. Without remorse, Kickfeather and the others fought them. The Alliance had thrown the first blow and done it upon Horde land. And fate seemed to agree with them. It did not take long for the Ishnu Por Ah to bring them down, the little priest they were protecting, running off in the wake of the battle.

They pursued her and surrounded her. She had not fought like the others, and so now Kickfeather was unsure what to do with her. She was unarmed and it was against everything she knew not to harm an unarmed person, even if it was a Pinkie in the middle of a war zone. Though she was in bad company. And it was a war zone. But still. . . .she didn’t fight. And, Por Ah! Now she was crying!

She tried to tell her to go away, but she wouldn’t. Rulik wanted to kill her, or at least take her prisoner. Maybe even sell her into slavery. But most others, including Kickfeather, couldn’t agree to the latter. And Por Ah knew, she wasn’t just going to leave her in the middle of the Barrens, an unknown Pinkie with unknown intentions. Fel, the whole crying bit could be some rouse just to make ‘em leave her alone so she could do something worse. They would take her ‘prisoner’. Back to Mulgore until she could get her sister to figure out what to do with her. And Kickfeather knew Red Earth would be just as curious as herself to know why they were in the Barrens like they were.

Binding her up, they took her back to Mulgore’s Great Wall where the guards would watch her until she could find big Sis and they could figure out what to do with her.