WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raid Preperation is Key
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:10 am 
Traveler

Last night raid went smoothly. It was primarily a learning curve for everyone, seeing as how the raids are new to a majority of the folks that went with us last night. We accomplished a few goals.

A) Getting back into the raiding scene with friends.
B) Learning the ropes.

If you want to learn more information about boss fights, please visit wowhead.com and search there. That's one the main site I use for information and reference when raiding. I do not expect you all to know the fights beforehand. But a little self learning will help to better understand how these fights work. I am basically reading off the strategy that's on wowhead. Sometimes watching the videos will give you a picture of the overall fight.

I'm also new to leading the raid, so give me a chance to improve my leadership skills. The next few weeks will be interesting. Eventually, we will down these bosses. On the bright side, we walked away with some epics on our first night!

Sign up for Wednesday's run if you haven't done so already. I will try my best to put up the schedules as soon as possible and try to swap them out when we can so everyone will get a fair chance at seeing all the content.

Questions? Concerns? Complaints? Direct them to me here or in game. I'll be available on ipaooc on various toons if you need to tell me anything. Don't worry. If you think I suck and want to say it, go ahead. I won't kick you off the roster for that. Feel free to criticize how i handled things.

Post subject: Re: Raid Preperation is Key
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:49 am 

I was thinkin of making a Death Knight so i could do lvl60 raids, would that be ok? (it's Firereader btw)

-----------------------
Fire only burns the weak.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:57 am 

Just figured I would add that I thought you did just fine and dandy for the first time running a raid Jin, cheers to you. And id like to add that everyone also needs to realize that moving forward, there may be times when the raid composition nees certain class combinations etc. so signing up isn't exactly a guarantee that you will get to go every week. Just figured I would pitch that out there for those who may not realize whats up if they get put on standby sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:52 am 

Which bosses are we hitting first? (enquiring minds wanna know)
edit: derp, halfus wormhugger

Do we have sufficient dragon meats and wings for the feasts? (I can farm some tonight)
edit: derp, I'll farm some anyway

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

Last edited by Plainswander on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:37 pm 

I was happy with the way things went on Sunday, no we didn't down a boss, yes, we died repeatedly but I think we all had fun and are looking forward to smashing our faces against these new encounters. Jin, you did a great job keeping everything going, and organizing it all. If you need help with anything please let me know. I do agree that it is a good idea for people who have never been to these places, to watch a video or two, to at lease have an idea what theya re getting themselves into. Hehe. That's kind of why grimes and I where all excited about jumping on the big worms head, we were all like omg god of war style facebash fight! Anyways, that's my two cents. Look forward to more to come!