WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please help me decide which class (for raid viability)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:31 am 

Hey there Jin, Red, and all others. I am in a dillema about who I should level up to aid us in raid. Currently I have my shaman who is about halfway through 82, and then my druid who is halfway through 83. I have my warlock too, but I choose not to level and raid with him because of the guild situation, so he is out. I would be dual speccing heals and ranged so it would be resto/elem for martok, resto/boomkin for binturong.

We all know that there are a crap ton of shaman and druids out there, so I am focusing more on what specs would benefit us more as a whole. If I played the druid, we already have some druids solidly capable of heals, though another boomkin might be nice at this point with our boomkins being mia and just the general lack of range. If I played Martok, I wouldn't mind focusing on him for heals so that the other shaman can focus on elemental, as I know Redearth and Kaeev are Elemental at heart, even though they are totally willing to heal.

So yeah, I really can't decide. I have a lot of experience with Martok, and I know I can do well, but I also enjoy my druid and feel I can do just as well with him too.

Flip a coin? lol

Post subject: Re: Please help me decide which class (for raid viability)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:57 am 

Well I am kind of leaning toward going moonkin, the ease of swapping between gears thanks for spirit converting to hit sounds nice, plus it is something I have never really played seriously. And honestly, I have been duoing martok and Grimes for ages, its time of a change maybe?

Of course any additional input is welcome :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:47 pm 
Matriarch

I honestly say I'm leaving the decision up to you. Both classes are plentiful, so I can't really say either or. Both are ranged, and that's our weak point at the moment, so that also doesn't make the difference. I do agree with your original post that if you want to heal, go Martok and if you want to DPS then go Bin. So, yeah, I can't really sway you one way or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:11 pm 

I think I just need to play both a bit more, try moonkin, do more healing on Martok, etc. Ultimately, my main goal should be focusing on getting Grimes' tank set better! (341 right now baby!). I am finally starting to have more success, and after clearing that Pug Stonecore heroic, I feel alot better about my tanking ability, just need the gear. I actually got kudos for avoiding Ozruk's one shot abilities by the healer, which you all know has never been one of my fortes when I dps >.>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:31 am 
Traveler

I agree with Red. In all honestly, I want you to play the class you want to bring and enjoy playing them. It is your decision on whom to bring. Just make sure they are 85 and geared ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:17 am 

I'm gonna buck a trend and mention specifics:

We need more: priests. hunters. mages.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:13 am 
Traveler

Hehe. I have all three of those. But with me swapping out Jin for one of them would equal lack of tank. However, hunter is gone to another raid. Mage is only 82. And my priest is barely 30-40 (I can't seem to play a priest while soloing).

But Grimes should do what he want to do. We're not gonna have the idea class availability when it comes to raid. Unless more of our members decided to return and able to play.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:42 pm 
Matriarch

Yeah, I'm trying to get Otter levelled up so he can heal instead of Red. We do need more priests, what.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:00 pm 

I'll get a priest started for the Ishnu, but leveling will probobly be slow, still dont like the thought of goin all the way after finaly getting Ara to 85. :lol: But, maybe by the summer there will be another 85 priest with the Ishnu tag overhead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:09 pm 

I'm bring my hunter! As soon as I get her leveled and geared. >.< hehe. Until then you are stuck with a kitty darba. :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 am 

well, i have always enjoyed healing on martok, so I am going to focus on leveling him again. He is almost 83. If anyone wants a dedicated healer for some normal instance runs, feel free to drag me along. I think darba and I are going to focus on the druid/warrior duo as more of a thing to do for fun. I am still going to give boomkin a go on him :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:50 pm 

Hey grimes, Jones is 80, and set up fro tanking, after raid tonight, fi you wanna run a few normals, I'm game. Get ready for repair bills.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.