WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raid Assessment time
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:45 pm 
Matriarch

Okay, we seem to be a little stuck. And so because of it, I'm going to start poking at your Armory profiles a little and see where folks are at gearwise. Because I feel like there are a few loose ends in terms of gear. Part of that is simply because the needs of the group has become more apparent. Like needing DPS/Tanks wtih heal specs who can switch to healing. We need to get them geared to make the transition easier.

But I also know that by this time, people should have at least one spec with 2 piece t12 bonuses, and many of you don't. And it is effecting our progress because gearwise we are not progressing. Wipes are understandable when you're learning. But when we've learned the fight and we're still wiping, it becomes less fun. People become frustrated and then they don't want to raid anymore. So we need to start progressing if we want to see the content and have fun doing it. Hate to push the point, but gearing up needs to be focused on.

Also, I will be taking a better look at the meters to see how people's rotations are working out. As always, I admit to not being an expert on every spec. But when I do see problems like low DPS or mana issues, and the gear is up to par, then it means that it's usually a spec or rotation issue that needs to be looked at. And I will try to work with whoever and whatever info I need to gather to see if we can improve that.

Anyway, I will be contacting a few people to see what it is they need and to see where I can help them get it. Because it's time for us to start killing some bosses. :)

Post subject: Re: Raid Assessment time
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:18 pm 

I know I am not one of the top deeps Druids but I am always trying to get better. I plan on buying out some trudging to make the polearm for masax feral side. As for healing I want to get better. I am going to look at my JP and VP numbers and see if I can get more sparkleys that way, though some good old tier tokens from the other raids or even the BH runs for the chance of tokens might help a great number of people.

I know I am not on every night lately schedules with work, summer, and RL time is effecting my play time. I want to thank you and Rek for the help gemming and chanting my healing gear yesterday

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:54 pm 
Matriarch

I will say, this is not something to freak out about. I've done this from time to time in the past. Just a chat, some advice on focus and encouragement. Not to mention figuring out how I can help or find others to help get what we need as a guild to raid more successfully.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:44 pm 

No no, I am not freaking out. I welcome a chat and pointers. I would love to become a mic better healer.

Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:02 am 
Traveler

Masax_Thornhoof wrote:
No no, I am not freaking out. I welcome a chat and pointers. I would love to become a mic better healer.

Looking forward to it.

Come and chat with me. I can give you pointers and help you with druid healing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:48 am 

Cool, thanks Jin. If anyone in guild can make the uber pretty new polearm "witch hunter" let me know, I will have to check in game soon. I am going to AH the mats in the next day or so. Just need to use your orbs. Also if any lower level leather or mail wearers need the 359 gear to get started let me know I got them all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:04 pm 

I found this to read and am going to learn from it, I don't know of it helps others but here it is anyways

http://i.wow.joystiq.com/2011/09/02/how ... k-healers/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:01 pm 
Fellow

Not to sound defensive (though I know I will), while Margie doesn't have any t12 set pieces yet, I have been making other VP purchases to increase her average ilevel. When we finished with t11 content, I still had a few troll heroic pieces to upgrade and thought that was more important than starting to replace my full t11 set. Now that my wand and bracers are caught up to where they should be, my next purchase will be a tier piece. I just wanted to point out that while I don't have any of the Firelands priest set yet, I haven't been sitting on my laurels gear-wise.