WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Taking a break soon
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:23 am 
Matriarch

I mentioned this on Sunday to the raid, but I figured I'd make an official announcement here as well to make sure everyone got word. My 6 month subscription ends Dec 10th. And I've decided not to renew. Not right away anyway. We'll be out of town for some of December because of Christmas. I don't see the point of keeping the account up when I can't spend good time in it, plus, we need to save a little money.

The plan is to be back the beginning of January. That will highly be dependent on how comfortable I feel monetarily.

I'll make sure that there are folks in guild who can take care of everything I can do as GM while I'm absent. Folks can always get a hold of me through here or other means as well. While I'm away, Jindall has said he will try and form up the raids. If they don't happen though, don't be disheartened. Consider it a Christmas vacation, a little break from raid, and we'll pick it up back in January full force. Deathwing must to die!

I'm going to be spending the next two weeks writing my ass off to wake up Red. I'd like that resolved before I disappear. And I'll also be considering or working on the possible guild changes I've mentioned on and off the past couple months while my account is down. All work concerning that will be discussed via these forums. So if you'd like your voice to be a part of that process, then the forums will be the place to say it once I get started with the discussion.

Post subject: Re: Taking a break soon
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:00 pm 

I logged on the other night for some quick levelling of the rogue before my video blew out again, and there were exactly zero Ishnu on.

I was, put simply, kinda shocked.

Have a great vacation Red, see you on FB or otherwise, and enjoy SWtOR, wish I could join you folks.

-=Damion
(Plainsy/Dolmund/etc...)

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:53 pm 

Yeah Darbles and I are having a pretty rough time trying to decide if we want to keep wow going or not. Want to give SWTOR a serious run and not sure how much we will play WoW if we are focused on leveling our Sith Warrior and Inquisitor duo.

With that said, we may just keep it active and still try to pop in for raids. Then of course Diablo 3 comes out sometime next year and that throws another wrench in the works >.>

Too many good games coming out this season and an aging WoW is becoming less and less appealing.... Or at least its just getting too routine. Really Raiding is what I like most about WoW right now.

Have a great Holiday season!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:42 pm 
Matriarch

Plainswander wrote:
I logged on the other night for some quick levelling of the rogue before my video blew out again, and there were exactly zero Ishnu on.

I was, put simply, kinda shocked.

Have a great vacation Red, see you on FB or otherwise, and enjoy SWtOR, wish I could join you folks.

-=Damion
(Plainsy/Dolmund/etc...)

Well, it's a combo of things really. Lots of folks are playing the new games that are out, and it's just general game fatigue. Like Grimes said, WoW is getting old. And most of us in IPA are real old timers. Most people only show up for raids.

Having said that, new patch out. So things will be more active a couple weeks. heh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 am 
Traveler

Now I feel old. :lol:

Usually I'm online on an alt or someone, but recently, I've only been on on raid nights. Like Red said, new games that came out *coughs*Skyrim*coughs* and other stuff. Plus enjoying the last of the "break" before I get crazy busy during this time of the month.

I know for sure that I won't raid on Dec 14th cause I'll be out of town for "work" purposes. So I'll set up a raid and make sure someone can lead it. If not, folks get a break.

Pretty much, Thanksgiving week was my "break" from WoW.

I'm giving SWTOR a whirl.