WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Red is leaving town.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 am 
Matriarch

Mentioned it to a few folks last night about the possibility. Well here it is. My father's health is on the edge and they need family members, meaning me, available to sign the "papers" and make decisions. So everything has been dropped, I'm headed to Detroit to deal with it all. So, yeah. Not going to be around.

Post subject: Re: Red is leaving town.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:56 pm 

Stay strong Red.

Good thoughts go with you.

EDIT: this post, and any other posts I make, are to be taken as my perception, and my opinion, only, not to be taken as fact, or me speaking for anyone. If such is the case, the fault is entirely mine, and I apologize.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:56 pm 

Be safe, Red. We'll be thinking of ya tomorrow night.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:27 am 
Matriarch

I'll be coming back to Chicago sometime on Sunday. Things back in Michigan aren't squared yet, but I need to keep going with my own life. Work and such. There isn't much I can do physically in Michigan anyway. Sitting at my dad's bedside might be good for him, but I can't do that all the time without comprimising myself. There will be someone with him alot of the time. It's still a pretty serious situation though, so I'll be keeping tabs on things long distance. Will have to be a bit more diligent about life for awhile so I'm ready for whatever comes my way. It's going to be a little rocky.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:52 pm 
Matriarch

I know I'm back in Chicago, but I've been a little emo. And when I'm emo I'm not big on game play. So haven't been in game and haven't been focused at all on trying to get the raid up and going. I'll be popping in on a game or two tonight though.

Having said that, things aren't 'normal' and not likely to be for awhile. I'm going to be making random trips back to Michigan to check on things until my dad is settled into a safe place or he kicks me to the curb. It's an added expense to things, but necessary. It also means I'm not quite sure when I'll be able to focus on getting a steady raid schedule going. This week, for example, I think it's a bit late to try and push this Thursday (and I admit to not being in the mood yet) and I had considered a Sunday run at least. But because of some changes this week, positive ones, I have to make a trip again this weekend.

For those that don't know what's going on. . . .My dad had bypass surgery two weeks ago. He got through it just fine, was actually awake and sitting up the next day. But then he started showing signs of breathing trouble. It all kinda went down hill from there. From what I know based on my slightly better than pedestrian knowledge of all things medicine and the treatments he was receiving and how effective/ineffective they've been, my dad basically got a viral infection and it wreaked havoc on his body weakened by the surgery causing multiple organ failure.

Means 'a cold' almost killed him.

Techinically it did.

For 10 minutes. -_-

Things are looking good though. Since the scariness a week ago, he's done nothing but improved. The doctors and nurses are taking good care of him. As of today he's been off the sedatives for about 24 hours and is awake, though minimally responsive (it will take a few days for the drugs to be fully flushed from his brain). Most of the machines are now off, though they're testing to see how well his body reponds, of course, to see if he should be put back on. Until he can make medical decisions for himself, I have PoA over my dad's life. And we'll see how much I can still boss him around and get him to do what's good for him after he becomes more cognizant because I know he's a stubborn son of a bitch who thinks he knows better and ignores what really is. :P

Oh yeah, I'm thinking positive. He'll be making it fine. It's going to be a pain in the ass. :lol: