WoW.TableTopless.com

Home of Ishnu Por Ah, a WoW Guild on the Cenarion Circle RP Server.

Login   Register FAQ    Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Horrible PuG night.
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:21 pm 

Ran Throne of the Tides. I got in after a DPS dropped due to the group wiped at the first boss. It's an easy fight. Move around, avoid the green spots on the ground unless you want to die. Big room, circle in the middle. Boss in the middle. Every so often, she covers herself with a whirlpool thing that reduces damage taken, and three mobs drop in. One behind, one to either side. It's a really simple fight, but apparently they were idiots.

Fight starts, I drop a frost trap early. Mobs come in, right side mob is trapped. GIR off-tanks the left mob, the group burns down the rear mob. Lather rinse repeat two more times.

The tank dies on the elevator, so we kick him, and managed to four-person our way through one easy tank&spank boss, and some trash pulls. We get to the end of a hallway before the second to last boss, and there are two big ass tentacle looking mobs. Can't CC, can't slow them. They fling people into the air, ground pound for horrible damage.

We had a DK, but they weren't spec'd or geared for a tank, but we tried anyway. I used every trick I had up my sleeve, burned almost every cooldown. Even after losing the DK faux-tank and another DPS, we managed to just barely take down both mobs. Like, I used every DPS trinket, all my cooldowns, throwing misdirect aggro onto GIR, hurling fire and snake traps, etc. etc. Hell I even had to hit "heart of the phoenix" to battle rez GIR at full health.

It was freaking amazing. And then I was stuck waiting an hour for a group to let me finish the instance because everyone left. :|

Sigh.

Post subject: Re: Horrible PuG night.
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:23 pm 
Matriarch

Yeah, Throne of Tides happens to be one of those instances that isn't too forgiving if the group has absolutely no sense of skill. Especially that one corridor with the big tentacle dudes. Frankly, I woulda left if they showed such lack of skill so early in that particular instance. @.@ I'm sorry it sucked.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:52 pm 

RedEarth wrote:
Yeah, Throne of Tides happens to be one of those instances that isn't too forgiving if the group has absolutely no sense of skill. Especially that one corridor with the big tentacle dudes. Frankly, I woulda left if they showed such lack of skill so early in that particular instance. @.@ I'm sorry it sucked.

If I had a sense of mental self-preservation I probably would have, but there are times I just want to see what I can do with Mingo when pushed hard enough. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:34 am 
Matriarch

I've done the same a couple of times myself. It can be fun sometimes to test your own skills in bad situations. Or show them off. I've seen enough bad shaman players not knowing what they have giving the class a bad name that sometimes I stick around just to show people what awesome things they can do in oshit situations.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 pm 

Most (if not all) of the new dungeons that came with Cata's initial release were pretty unforgiving; Throne of the Tides and Blackrock Depths probably even more so because people are still transitioning from Wrath gear in that level range.

Back when IPA was running group heroics regularly, Jin and maybe others can attest that if I was in the group, we had about a 50/50 chance at getting heroic Throne of the Tides. >< Pugging that to this day would still make me feel a little nervous.

Quote:
I've done the same a couple of times myself. It can be fun sometimes to test your own skills in bad situations. Or show them off.

I kinda feel that way about shamans in PvP. At least, it felt that way yesterday in an epic Twin Peaks match my team won with no healers (the Alliance team having 3), and during the match someone saying something to the effect of "Holy crap, BM hunter, ele sham and crappy geared hunter are carrying this team".

Sure, I'm no rogue or DK, but I think that's the beauty of it. /flex